Travel Tips & Advice

Going on a San Diego beach vacation

Jun 30, 2012

Summer is getting unbearable. To take a much needed break I'm going on a San Diego beach vacation. The last good vacation I had was in 2010 when I had gone to Egypt. Long time! Finally this year, I will be leaving for San Diego. Have heard from my friends that San Diego beaches are superb. Top priority on my list is to visit the Mission Beach and try sailing and scuba diving there. (Hope I get good trainers there. Fingers crossed!) Another beach which I like to visit is La Jolla Cove and check out its abundant undersea life. I will be there for almost a week. And my only plan is to laze around the beaches. I have booked my accommodation at a hotel from where most of the beaches are nearby. I am just waiting to dive, swim, lie on sand, enjoy the unending sun and have fun! I would like to know if there is anything I must carry or any other San Diego beach I can visit. Would love to get some suggestions.

Nick J.
Jun 30, 2012

nickj29 wrote:
Summer is getting unbearable. To take a much needed break I'm going on a San Diego beach vacation. The last good vacation I had was in 2010 when I had gone to Egypt. Long time! Finally this year, I will be leaving for San Diego. Have heard from my friends that San Diego beaches are superb. Top priority on my list is to visit the Mission Beach and try sailing and scuba diving there. (Hope I get good trainers there. Fingers crossed!) Another beach which I like to visit is La Jolla Cove and check out its abundant undersea life. I will be there for almost a week. And my only plan is to laze around the beaches. I have booked my accommodation at a hotel from where most of the beaches are nearby. I am just waiting to dive, swim, lie on sand, enjoy the unending sun and have fun! I would like to know if there is anything I must carry or any other San Diego beach I can visit. Would love to get some suggestions.

San Diego has some nice beaches. A must is Coronado Beach. That's a beautiful one if not the best in the San Diego area.

Charles S.
Jul 04, 2012

Thanks charless345 for replying. I would keep your suggestion in mind and will try visit Coronado beach as well.

Nick J.
Jul 22, 2012

i miss my last tour on San but this time i make a plan for san Diego .i hear abouit this beach its nice and beautiful beach.

Breet H.
Aug 03, 2012

I agree about the Cornado beach, such a fun time! Makes me want to go back to CA

Elise P.
Sep 20, 2012

do not stay right in san diego, look at balboa island, or just south of the border is a really great place Ensenada, Mexico, all you need is a tourist card to enter Mexico, much more fun than san Diego and much less expensive.

Charles K.
Oct 07, 2012

I have found San Diego a very cheap place for vacation. It is very peaceful place with full of refreshment and security needs.

Steve D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.