Jun 12, 2013

Hi, I am relieved to know there is somebody else that is not satisfied with Marriott. We bought an OCEANFRONT villa about 5 yrs ago. My husband fell in love with this place, At the time, we told them we were not interested in exchanging or anything else, we only wanted Myrtle Beach, so that is why we bought OCEANFRONT and paid more. Well, after the first year, the problems began. Everytime we "called" for our week, we NEVER could get it. Even tho I called like 30 seconds after 9 am. So, I would try every week to get a week, to no avail. We even paid an additional $500. for this "new" pkg. We were told at that time that this would absolutely get us a better chance in getting a week. Well, wrong again!!! So we joined International Interval(more money) so we could exchange our week. We chose a week in Fla, it was ok but not mb. This is why we bought MB, so we could go to MB!!! The only answer Marriott could give us, "Well,if you buy another week, those people get first chance before the 1 week owners" My husband is still working, so we do not want 2 weeks at one place. Very disappointed, so much we have put our villa up for sale. We contacted Marriott about buying our villa and they told us at this time they were not doing this, and when they do start, they would probably only pay us 2000. to 3000. for it. So disappointed.

Doug M.
Jul 12, 2013

Hello:

I have also been following your post regarding the bait and switch. Could you kindly forward me the information on this person. I'd hate to have my first trip to Myrtle Beach be the last one. Thank you so much.

Kevin M.
Jul 12, 2013

hi sure. just email me at scale_32@yahoo.com

Robin H.
Sep 08, 2013

Thank you for the information! I am looking to rent an oceanfront for next summer. Besides the view, how do you ensure they don't take your money then cancel the reservation? Any help/guidance would be appreciated!

Janet C.
Aug 02, 2014

Its best to go thru Redweeks referred title company......NOT thru an ower/renter agreement...plain & simple.

Mark B.
Jun 06, 2015

Would you mind sending me the persons name as we are getting ready to rent? Thank you in advance,Ann Briwn

Betty A.
Sep 17, 2015

Hi, thanks for sharing your information. I too will be emailing you! Just curious why you can not list the person's name who did not treat you honestly. It's disappointing that Redweek has no dispute process. Thanks again for sharing your story.

Lin
Sep 17, 2015

Linda,

You can ensure a safe transaction, and file a dispute if the rental is not as advertised, if you use the escrow services of First American Title: Escrow Service

If you have further questions, please Contact Us.

Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Last edited by phyl21 on Sep 17, 2015 07:59 PM

Sep 17, 2015

Hi Phyllis, Thank you for suggesting that option! Definitely, something to think about.

Best regards,

Lin
Aug 06, 2016

I, like the countless others, would like to know the name of this person. It will be our first time renting a timeshare at this resort and am grateful that you have taken the time to warn and prevent others from going through what you did. You are to be commended!

Melinda S.
Aug 07, 2016

Hello, I would be glad to. Just send me an email and I can provide that info for you. scale_32@yahoo.com

Robin H.
Feb 06, 2017

Is the man's name William Binder by chance? Thanks!

Melinda S.
May 30, 2017

Tammy H.

Last edited by tammyh344 on May 30, 2017 06:11 PM

Jul 04, 2017

I'm sorry to hear people have been unscrupulous in their dealings. We are 2 week owners at MB and love the resort. We usually use at least one of our weeks each year, but this year we had to rent them out. Now we went the route of paying more to have RedWeek do all the work with contracts, etc. and it gives us the "Redweek Verified" tag. If you look at those weeks, you should not have any issues. I hate to have people ruin renting out our weeks by lying about their views. We are not all like that, I promise!

Our views are OceanFront (which we love) and Ocean View (higher floors on the back two buildings). We love them both for different reasons. The Oceanview buildings are back where it is quieter and are close to the indoor pool and gym, plus the serenity pool. It is a bit of a walk to the beach, but we still love it and the birds that inhabit the area are great to watch from your balcony. Ocean Front is up where there is more action at the main pool, unless you are on one of the outside corners, then not so much, but the Ocean views and watching the dolphins swim by are still wonderful.

I hope that everyone that is looking to rent reads the information, asks a lot of questions and most of all, read your contract so you are not disappointed. MB is a wonderful resort and we hope you love it too!

Robert S.
Jun 17, 2018

Could you please share the owners name?

Lisa C.
Aug 26, 2018

Just emailed you as well. Thank you!

Tanya D.
Apr 23, 2019

Hi could you please email name...starting the process of renting for this summer.

Thank you !

Bridgette C.

Last edited by bridgette26 on Apr 23, 2019 06:52 AM

May 30, 2019

I reserve all of my weeks online at 9am for the Gold season OceanFront. Have always been able to get a oceanfront week, Sat to Sat or Sun to Sun. make sure you have an accurate clock for time to know when to click (refresh) to reserve your room. good luck

Steve K

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.