Ask RedWeek

Renting Out Weeks Via Using Wyndham Points Possible????

Mar 27, 2013

I'm new and need some guidance before I purchase something I will regret.

I'm considering purchasing Wyndham Club points but in an amount over and above of what I could use in 1 year. I know I can bank them with Wyndham and/or bank them with RCI to give me more time to use them.

However, what I want to know is whether it feasible for me to use my points to book a week/more and rent it out to someone else to help recoup some of my annual maintenance? Does Wyndham have any restrictions about renting?

I can't find anything online and I suspect if I call them I will get the run around since I'm not planning on purchasing directly from Wyndham so I was hoping to find experienced Wyndham point users here.

Many thanks!

Felicia F.

Last edited by feliciaf8 on Mar 27, 2013 06:11 AM

Mar 27, 2013

Yes, you can use your Wyndham points to book a week and rent it out .... there's a guy on another timeshare forum that does that all the time with his New Orleans Wyndham purchases.

R P.
Mar 27, 2013

feliciaf8 wrote:
However, what I want to know is whether it feasible for me to use my points to book a week/more and rent it out to someone else to help recoup some of my annual maintenance? Does Wyndham have any restrictions about renting?

JJ is correct. However, I believe Wyndham does not allow points owners to rent out their points. You can book a week with the points and rent out the week, but you can't rent out the points.

Be careful of some of these questionable (possibly scam) outfits that call owners of Wyndham points claiming they can rent out your points for megabucks. (ie; search these forums for one thread called "Points Potential")

Lance C.
Mar 28, 2013

Thanks!

Felicia F.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.