Travel Tips & Advice

Resort Recommendations in the US

Apr 11, 2013

I am looking for a Resort preferably in the US that is comparable to the Royal Sands Resort in Cancun. We have been there a few times and love it, especially the fact that everything is on-site and it is all 5 stars right down to the bannana bread!! Love the villas and balconies. Everyone that works there is so friendly and helpful. I'm afraid we won't find that in the US. We will be traveling from the northeast in late February or early March so prefer a warm climate. We would consider outside the US if it is safe and free from harrassment from the police! We like to hike and visit some historical sites. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Laurie M.
Apr 12, 2013

About the only area that will insure warmth in the USA in Feb or Mar is S. Florida .... you can access RCI's directory of resorts in S. Florida at www.rci.com or to access II's directory of resorts you can go to www.intervalworld.com .... whatever you do don't buy from a developer .... you can get what you desire for pennies on dollar by buying on the resale market.

R P.
Apr 12, 2013

i'll agree with jayjay, something in florida is what you want (unless hawaii is within your budget).

my family and i are enjoying our westgate orlando property but we don't go that early in the year and it is definitely not like the royal sands resort. :-/

i've heard that the fountains might be similar to what you are looking for but i've never been so i don't have any firsthand experiences.

good luck though!

Natalie B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.