Ask RedWeek

what happens when I want to rent timeshare weeks deposited with interval international

Nov 21, 2013

I have six weeks deposited with interval international. They can be used anywhere in the world depending on availability. How do I go about renting these weeks even though they are not a specific destination?

Tina C.
Nov 23, 2013

Per Interval international's rules you cannot rent an exchange. If they suspect you of doing so they can suspend your membership and cancel some or all of your confirmed exchanges without any refunds including ones that you are not trying to rent. They do monitor public rental sites like redweek.

If you cannot use an exchange or an unspecified deposit you can "gift" it to a friend or family member. It would be unwise to advertise any details if you chose to break intervals rules.

Tracey S.
Nov 23, 2013

Ditto .... renting exchanged weeks or deposits is prohibited with RCI also.

R P.
May 14, 2022

I own a Marriott week which has been deposited with Interval International. Can I rent it through Redweek if I handle it myself?

Leslie D.
May 15, 2022

leslied111 wrote:
I own a Marriott week which has been deposited with Interval International. Can I rent it through Redweek if I handle it myself?

Once you deposit a week with any exchange company (including II), you immediately relinquish / forfeit the ability to do anything else with that particular week. That "deposited" week is simply no longer yours to use or to rent out --- through RedWeek or through any other avenue.

In short, you cannot "have your cake and eat it too". You cannot deposit a week and then also try to rent it out. After all, someone could claim your deposited week at any time after you relinquish it to the exchange company, whether that exchange company is RCI, II, 7Across, TPI, etc. Once it is deposited, that week is simply gone from your control.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 16, 2022 04:58 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.