Timeshare Exchanges

Wyndham Is breaking my financial back`

Nov 22, 2017

sheylac wrote:
I need help selling my wyndham membership. How do I do it?

Lance has already provided you with some good input and suggestions above. Don't shoot the messenger, but I will point out that your Wyndham "membership" (your use of the word "membership" instead of "ownership" suggests that you might have a "pure points" CWA contract with Wyndham) may actually have very little (or no) resale market value.

If you advertise and find that there is no interest at all in your Wyndham product, whatever it may be, inquire into the Wyndham "Ovation" program Lance mentioned above. *IF* accepted into "Ovation", you won't receive a penny but you will be promptly, legally and permanently out of your contract obligations without having to spend any more money. Wyndham can unilaterally terminate their Ovation program at any time (with no advance notice required), so if that exit ramp interests you, I respectfully suggest that you do not delay in pursuing it. Good luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 08, 2018 04:40 AM

Mar 07, 2018

For all whom have"walked" away from their Worldmark timeshare, did you own a home at the time you stopped paying and they foreclosed on you? Did they go after your home? I'm in California and that is my biggest concern.

Sandy C.
Sep 20, 2018

If any of you own at Carriage Ridge or Carriage Hills, please take note of the upcoming elections/board meetings on Oct 29th and 30th 2018. I believe the votes have to be in by Oct 26th,

There is strength in numbers and we need more of us to unite and work together for our cause. Join 'crchopportunitiesgroup@googlegroups.com

Join the Facebook groups: Carriage Hills Owners Group and Carriage Ridge Owners

Liz B.

Last edited by lizb236 on Sep 21, 2018 07:27 AM

Sep 21, 2018

Lizb236 that is the best suggestion I've heard in a long time in here . You are 100 percent right . If you want to do something then get involved in the operation . Great advice .

Don P.
Oct 03, 2018

How do you do a deedback? And can you do it with any timeshare?

donp196 wrote:
I gave back two timeshares about five years ago through deed backs. It cost me just a minimal fee to process the transactions. I too walked away with nothing but relief of never having to pay the ever increasing maintenance fees. I now have a very healthy savings account and I am completely in the black financially and sleep great at night not worrying that they will send me a hefty " special assessment " fee.

I now rent weeks for less than I would pay in maintenance fees and I travel when I want and not having to travel just to use weeks that I would lose if not used. That would cost extra travel expenses just to use the weeks.

In my opinion you did the right thing. Sit back and watch your savings grow and relax not worrying about the next " special assessment " that they might throw at you besides the huge increase in maintenance fees.

Alicia G.
Oct 04, 2018

aliciag107 wrote:
How do you do a deedback? And can you do it with any timeshare?

You have to contact the resort's Homeowners' Association and ask. The HOA is not under obligation to take it back but you might want to state that, in no uncertain terms, that you are not going to pay another dime in maintenance fees. It would then be in every one's best interests if the HOA took back the unit amicably. Also, if your unit is with Wyndham, Westgate, or Diamond, check out their respective deed back programs.

Lance C.
Oct 05, 2018

Our home property will not take a deed back. If you stop paying your maintenance fees, they will take the owner to small claims court. This is our dilemma. Otherwise, we would just stop paying. We can't get out of this ownership. The deed has to be transferred to another person by gift or sale.

Liz B.
Oct 15, 2018

lizb236 wrote:
Our home property will not take a deed back. If you stop paying your maintenance fees, they will take the owner to small claims court. This is our dilemma. Otherwise, we would just stop paying. We can't get out of this ownership. The deed has to be transferred to another person by gift or sale.

In my 35+ years of timeshare ownership and experience, including some time as a Board member, I have never once heard of any HOA anywhere taking any owner to small claims court over non-payment of maintenance fees.

Foreclosure? Certainly. Court? Highly unlikely. No court is going to "order" an owner to pay overdue timeshare maintenance fees anyhow, particularly when any and every resort already has foreclosure readily available to them for redress.

Are you quite sure that yours is a statement of fact, or is it perhaps just an unconfirmed rumor or a second hand (and maybe inaccurate) report of an empty HOA threat?

I'm not calling you a liar, merely stating that I have never heard of any such action ever being undertaken by any resort anywhere.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Oct 15, 2018 07:27 AM

Oct 16, 2018

Our resort closed down the sales office in 2016. Prior to that, foreclosure was common since the deeds could be resold. Without the ability to resell, the losses have to be absorbed by the other owners. This is one of the reasons why maintenance fees are so high. I was told by other owners that Wyndham will take us to small claims court. I spoke to the General Manager of the resort and he told me the same thing. Yes, a court will force the delinquent owners to pay up since we have a contractual agreement that is legal and binding.

Liz B.
Oct 16, 2018

ken1193 wrote:
lizb236 wrote:

In my 35+ years of timeshare ownership and experience, including some time as a Board member, I have never once heard of any HOA anywhere taking any owner to small claims court over non-payment of maintenance fees.

Foreclosure? Certainly. Court? Highly unlikely. No court is going to "order" an owner to pay overdue timeshare maintenance fees anyhow, particularly when any and every resort already has foreclosure readily available to them for redress.

Are you quite sure that yours is a statement of fact, or is it perhaps just an unconfirmed rumor or a second hand (and maybe inaccurate) report of an empty HOA threat?

I'm not calling you a liar, merely stating that I have never heard of any such action ever being undertaken by any resort anywhere.

Ken, I own at a small resort in Ocean City Maryland that is very very aggressive with non payment of MF. They will go to court to garnish your wages to pay the MF's plus court filing costs. The MF's are currently $430. Most in the area for similar resorts are in the $700-800 range because they have so many more units that they have taken back as foreclosures that they have no way of selling. I believe they only go to court to garnish Maryland owners (which are most) especially as they have implemented additional transfer requirements including credit reports when transferring to someone who is not a resident of the state.

I do agree that most timeshares do not do this. More and more however are turning over the debt to collection agencies.

Tracey S.
Oct 16, 2018

Marriott Vacation Club stole my Timeshare in Orlando. After 17 years of ownership, they stole my 35,000 USD property because I forgot to pay the 1200 USD maintenance fee one time. I moved and did not receive the notice. They had my phone number and email address, but sent the notice via "snail mail". Who does that in 2018! When I noticed that I had not paid the annual maintenance fee I contacted them to make arrangements to pay it immediately. When I called them, they said "too bad" we took it already! Crooks!!!

Mark T.
Jan 03, 2020

I have Worldmark by Wyndham, how do i get out from under this?

roberts985 wrote:
Do you have Worldmark By Wyndham Credits (formerly Trendwest)? There are ways to sell them fairly easily to get out of the dues. Email me back if you would like to discuss.

Chelsi C.
Jan 08, 2020

I have 1M+ points with Wyndham and don't use most of them every year. I was contacted by someone from Elite Member Perks about renting the points. Apparently, I can assign them a set number of points per year, they will rent them out and pay me 60% of rents each quarter. They want $3000 up front (one time fee) to get started. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with Elite Member Perks or a similar rental company? Any recommendations?

Will A.
Jan 08, 2020

It's a SCAM . All they want is your upfront money .

Don P.
Jan 08, 2020

Thanks for your comment. Reading through the blogs, I've seen several people say, "Never pay upfront". Sounds like good advice. They told me my 1M points would give me up to $9K each year. (After they take their 40 percent of total rents.). I'm thinking, if it is so profitable, why do they need $3000 upfront?

Will A.

Last edited by willa39 on Jan 08, 2020 03:20 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.