Jan 01, 2014

I have contacted an owner for rental. He sent a message saying there is a $150 fee, I have searched the redweek site. does anyone know where I can find that info? Thanks

nevermind...this is dealing with an escrow agent for the rental...found my answer

Marian R.

Last edited by marianr12 on Jan 01, 2014 02:24 PM

Mar 22, 2014

could he be referring to the fee to use Red Week's escrow service?

Robert B.
Mar 27, 2014

If I use the First American Title as escrow agent for a rental will that insure the security concerns I may have such as is the owner all paid up on the maintenance charges and fees ?

Thanks.

anthonyc308

Anthony C.
Mar 27, 2014

anthonyc308 wrote:
If I use the First American Title as escrow agent for a rental will that insure the security concerns I may have such as is the owner all paid up on the maintenance charges and fees ?

It should because FAT will hold the money in escrow until after you check out. If the owner isn't paid up on his maintenance fees, then you won't be allowed in and you can let FAT know.

Another question though, Does the owner want to use FAT? Most owners do not because, for one thing, as was mentioned in the first paragraph, the owner does not get paid until about 11 days after check out.

Lance C.
May 15, 2021

Besides the cost of renting the unit, are there any additional fees that are tacked on when booking a week?

J. L.
May 15, 2021

JL: Typically the price that is posted is all you will pay. Some resorts may have added fees for parking, internet, energy taxes, etc. If we are aware of any additional fees, it will be noted on the posting page.

If you are renting with RedWeek Online Booking, then your payment will be made to RedWeek by credit card and there is a processing fee of 5% of the rental price, or a minimum of $50. The money is not disbursed to the owner until two days after you check in to the resort.

You can contact the owner or agent to ask about any additional resort fees by selecting the link to ask a question on the right-hand side of the posting page.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jun 10, 2021

Would additional fees like the resort fee be charged to me me when I try to check in?

Hope S.
Jun 11, 2021

hopes68 wrote:
Would additional fees like the resort fee be charged to me me when I try to check in?

The answer depends entirely upon the individual resort and the specific terms of your particular rental contract. You would be wise to ask the owner directly and to make sure that any additional fees once on site at your particular resort of interest are clearly addressed within your rental contract --- before signing it.

One "surprise" fee that tenants may encounter is a fee for Internet access. In this day and age, it is generally assumed that Internet access / WiFi is available everywhere, but its' mere existence does not prohibit a resort from charging an additional fee to non-owners (even sometimes to actual owners) for access to that particular "service".

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jun 11, 2021 04:50 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.