Marriott's Aruba Surf Club

Corey Smith? Vacation365Days.com

Feb 07, 2014

Has anyone been scammed by this person? 4525 S. Dean MartinRd #1205 Las Vegas NV 89103 (407)927-0599.

Let me know, I'd be interested in hearing from anyone!

Thanks Rich.

Rich H.
Feb 13, 2014

Rich, We dealt with Corey a few years ago and rented an Aruba Surf Club unit from him. Actually met him in Aruba since he was also there on vacation during that time. We were working with him this past Fall to book a unit at Frenchman's Reef in St. Thomas and sent him a $1,000 deposit. He explained that he changed the process for booking since the last time we used him (when we did not have to send a deposit). However, we had no problem doing this since we worked with him before. Turns out he was only able to get 5 days rental for a villa and not 7 so he apologized and told us he would refund our deposit and asked me for our mailing address. That was one month ago and we still have not received the deposit back. We have been emailing him asking for an update but still have not heard back. Our first time renting from Corey was flawless and since we met him in Aruba and talked with him for quite awhile, we felt no reason not to trust him for future rentals. He used to work for Marriott and now handles just timeshares on his own in Hawaii and the Caribbean. He sends emails out to his clients at the end of the year thanking everyone for their business, etc. So we are hoping that there is a good reason for the hold up with our deposit. Have you been dealing with him or plan to deal with him and just investigating if he is legit? Thanks, Amy

Amy B.
Feb 14, 2014

Amy, I'm sorry for your loss. It appears to be the same story. I own 2 Timeshares at the Marriott Surf club. I also met Corey there while vacationing with the same story of being a previous employee. I had 2 deals with him that went smooth. Then last year after one of his checks was returned to me for NSF in June 2013, he had nothing but excuses. He was traveling, he was out of the country, he sent it twice to me and could not believe I didn't receive it. The bottom line is he beat me for $900 plus expenses for renting 1 of my timeshares. I'm frustrated and PO'd. I think everyone should know his name and his company and how he conducts himself. Amy I hope your story ends differently.

Take care, Rich P.S. Since then, I've been renting my units myself.

Rich H.
Feb 22, 2014

Yes! We had the same problems with him two years ago. We booked a "ocean side" 2 bedroom from him... when we got there - they put us in a garden view room....it was also not booked for the right dates. He said he would book another room for "his" price and would refund us after we paid for it while we were on vacation. When we returned, he was nowhere to be found. I would get him on the phone and he would say that he was traveling and would send the check when he got back. This went on for MONTHS.. then he got very nasty with me and never answered me again. Totally scammed. Beware of this guy. I wonder how he is "connected" at the Marriott.. he said he knows everyone there and that he has "pull" for great rooms and discounts. Terrible. :(

Renee B.
Jul 03, 2014

Oh mr. SLICK

He sold us the timeshare in Orlando 8 years ago, left mariott vacation club and was doing stuff on his own, rented our week twice and we got paid, then 19 months ago sold our week to a couple for a week in Hawaii... didn't get check .. I had the opportunity to cancel the reseravation as my name was on it 5 days before the couple used it, but decided that wasn;t fair to the couple tht bought so.. i I have been texting Correy for the last 18 months about gettingmy check... he actually replied twice... Checks in the mail... NADDA

richh89 wrote:
Has anyone been scammed by this person? 4525 S. Dean MartinRd #1205 Las Vegas NV 89103 (407)927-0599.

Let me know, I'd be interested in hearing from anyone!

Thanks Rich.

Keith B.
Jul 23, 2018

Does anyone have any information about this guy - any other addresses, real legal business name, picture?

Kimberly G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.