General Discussion

Magens Point Resort

May 20, 2014

Still a dump. I had nothing but problems with this timeshare so do the research..Mike Shelby in dept way over his head and has ripped off hundreds of people and John Jureidini running things and helping to rip people is a convicted felon and drug attic..look it up..if you do the research you will find that people that stay there are getting robbed and rooms broken into and the special assessments that members are paying for them to do repairs to the property have never got done, still mold in the rooms, cockroaches ants, appliances don't work 20 year old beds and so on. Anyone getting sued for maintenance fees??

Mark R.
Sep 11, 2015

Mark, any help you can provide about this timeshare would be appreciated. Scam scam scam. I will fight against them. If you have any information that could help it would be much appreciated. I am currently talking to a real estate lawyer to help get me out of this 60 year scam. Please contact me directly by phone text or email 816-809-5429 Christie and Derrick smith

Christie S.
Nov 06, 2015

anyone that is interested in a class action against these criminals? please get in touch with me. There is a way out!

Sprchrgd
Dec 06, 2015

It seems lots of members are getting sued. So far most everyone I have spoke with. Please reach out to me. I am creating a membership email list by cold calling all the members of the membership list that was submitted with 2012 bankruptcy filing. We can stand as a group instead of individually Christie 816-809-5429

Christie S.
Feb 10, 2016

We are a part of this sad assembly. John Jureidini told us in September he was suing us "next week. " Any info is most appreciated.

Debbie

Debbie I.
Feb 10, 2016

We had been going to Magens Point for over 10 years. We've seen a lot of deteriorating of the property and a lot of promises never kept. Cable television and internet service not working due to them not paying bills. Entertainment directors come and go. We've been moved from one room to another due to shoddy maintenance on several occasions. Year after year of "special one time" assessments seem to be the norm. Many times they have pleaded to submit favorable reviews on Trip Adviser. This is not a way to run a resort. How they manage to stay open is a mystery to me.

Don W.
Mar 25, 2016

Hopefully you are already on my email membership chain. If not contact me Please at 816-809-5429. I have a substantial amount of evidence that I can provide to you. Members are helping each other and we are standing as a group!!!! Christie

Christie S.
Aug 12, 2016

Christie, I've been an owner since the mid 90's but have banked my weeks with RCI after my first visit to Magens. I purchased this from a re-seller who used my credit card number to make unauthorized purchases, so I had a bad experience to start with. I have paid all of the fee increases and special assessments. Recently I got a letter saying that I could relinquish my membership for $3800. Is this a scam or a real offer to unload this burden? email: jp4hand@gmail.com

Johnny F.
Aug 12, 2016

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract. If the offer is from the resort itself that might be an option. Scammers are out there looking for your upfront money. The only safe way to get rid of your timeshare is to deal directly with your home resort.

Don P.
Apr 15, 2017

We have a timeshare here and I would like more information about this topic thank you debbie Grahamwilk

Debbie G.
Apr 19, 2017

I am an owner as well and have been trying to get rid of my unit. My father and brother were able to sell theirs last year. Any additional information or strategy would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Susan

NotMyTimeshare
Apr 19, 2017

Christy,

Did you ever have any luck?

NotMyTimeshare
Apr 29, 2017

The U.S.V.I. Dept of licensing and consumer affairs has become involved due to numerous complaints by members. All court cases had a motion of stay placed last summer. (2016) we are still waiting to hear the end result of the investigation. I hear another special assessment was just mailed out. Last I had heard they were unable to produce any contracts from members. Once I hear any new info I will be forwarding info to the membership group email

Christie S.
Apr 30, 2017

Christie,

Thank you! I'd like to make sure that I am added to your group email. Do you have time for a chat this week? I'd really like to hear more about what's been going on. We did just get another special assessment - outrageous.

NotMyTimeshare
May 05, 2017

Just received another special assessment invoice for over $1000 due May 2017. Did anyone else receive this. Seems they want to use this money for back taxes. I am really confused as to what is going on. Does anyone know.

Christine P.
May 05, 2017

Hope you all stick together and don't pay ...Do your homework ..I can't believe they are still suckering people , so glad I'm free and clear of MPR.

Mark R.
May 18, 2017

We have retained an attorney that specializes in timeshare termination. As we all are learning through the years, fees we have paid have been misused. Shelby has not been financially responsible with the resort. Has over extended credit and is in debt. I contacted a timeshare seller and he said I couldn't even give my weeks away. The resort is in financial disarray!. My attorney said not to pay any fees whatsoever. The opt out fees of $3800 and now $4500, that's extortion....period. Shelby knows he's in trouble. Please get an attorney.

Regards, Maureen

susanp892 wrote:
Christie,

Thank you! I'd like to make sure that I am added to your group email. Do you have time for a chat this week? I'd really like to hear more about what's been going on. We did just get another special assessment - outrageous.

Maureen R.

Last edited by phyl21 on May 18, 2017 04:58 PM

Aug 02, 2017

Add me to your email group too please!! What happens if we don't pay the 2017 special assessment fees? I can afford it!!!! Let me know if you hear something ASAP please.

Denise D.
Aug 02, 2017

If you find out something please let me know. We owe $1700 that is now late. I don't mind paying my normal maintenance fees but I can't afford the special assessment!!

Denise D.
Aug 03, 2017

please add me to your email list i have had enough russellcph@msn.com thanks

Edward R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.