Montecristo Estates by Pueblo Bonito

A GUEST COMPLAINT FOR VILLA #11 PHASE 1, MONTECRISTO ESTATES MAY 2014

Jun 13, 2014

Mark D. Granby Hi Mark, we had a great time. The weather was great all but one day. The view was amazing and the villa was perfect for us.

If I had any complaints they would be mostly related to maintenance and staffing. Just as many of the tripadvisor reviews elude to, the older units are beginning to show their age. The staff really seemed to try hard to take care of any requests. For example, the sink in the kitchen was leaking. About an hour later we saw a maintenance person carrying a sink up the hill. It was taken out of another unit, and unfortunately it leaked as well. We just left the little plastic trash can under it to catch the water. Another time, there was no running water for an afternoon.

The other slight issue was just waiting for transfers around the property despite it being pretty empty. No big deal but they could use more golf carts at sunset beach.

Anyway I'm not telling you this because I want to complain. We really did have a fantastic time. I'm only telling you because I can assume that you pay a hefty maintenance fee and if I was paying it, I would want to inquire with mgmt about whether my $$ is actually getting back to the unit.

Thank you again for all of your help!

Sent from my iPhone

Mark G.
Oct 06, 2014

Mark - this is great feedback i own in villa 16 (1-16 May). last year couldn't use because there was some repairs being done and they put us in a phase 2 unit - wonderful place but we prefer our "eagle nest" views up top.

Russ W.
Dec 22, 2014

Thanks Russ for your input. I am thinking of selling one or both weeks. Problem is --no value. prices are so low. This has turned out to be a very very bad investment. We bought in 2005 from "Old Dirk". Any thoughts?

Mark Granby

Mark G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.