Marriott's Grande Ocean

Do I have to ask ahead to reserve a villa that sleeps 8?

Jul 06, 2014

My dear dad-in-law always handled the reservations before, but since he passed :( I am doing this and subletting. We've always gotten units with a king and 2 queens and a sofa bed; now I am worried that when I say sleeps 8, someone might get a unit that sleeps only 6 and be upset. Is the "sleeps number" in the deed somewhere, is it luck of the draw or do you have to request it? Thanks.

Nancy R.
Feb 27, 2019

It is luck of the draw. You should always state "sleep 6" because that refers to private sleeping accommodations. Approximately 20 percent of the units have sleeping configuration that you mention (queen plus Sleeper sofa) in the second bedroom.

Scott R.
Feb 27, 2019

All of the condos are the same except for the guest bedroom. Most of them have 2 Queen beds in them but there are still a few with a sleeper sofa. If you want to make sure that you do not get one with the sleeper sofa, just let them know. The sleeping arrangements are the following: Master - King, Guest - 2 Queens or 1 Queen and 1 sleeper sofa, Living Room - sleeper sofa. If you have any questions, you can always call Owner Services at Marriott. It is the same number you call to reserve your week. 1-800-845-4226 They will answer any questions you have. If you have questions specific to Grand Ocean, call the resort directly. Have a nice trip.

Sue F.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.