Travel Tips & Advice

Renting a time share and travel insurance

Sep 21, 2014

Hi I rented a time share from someone on RW. Is there travel insurance I can purchase?

Keith B.
Sep 21, 2014

https://www.vacationguard.com/

R P.
Feb 19, 2017

Fwiw, there have been some VERY significant changes in travel insurance as pertains to timeshares in the past year. For example, Berkshire Hathaway is now the NEW entity which offers the "Vacation Guard" product mentioned several years ago now in this thread. We purchased a VacationGuard policy in years past, but BH has now changed the product quite radically --- and certainly not for the better. We would not even consider purchasing the "new and improved" BH version of VacationGuard, personally. CSA is another company which offers travel insurance applicable to timeshares (and / or other travel). We have only just begun to research CSA policy costs and coverage details, but with reduced travel plans this year, feel no particular urgency to complete this "homework" in any big rush.

Fortunately (knocking on wood), we've never had occasion to file a claim on any policies we've purchased for timeshare travels, so I can't comment knowledgeably on the process (or the difficulty, or ultimate success) involved in initiating a claim.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Feb 19, 2017 07:26 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.