Ask RedWeek

InnSeasons update

Oct 04, 2014

Just came from an update for Inn Seasons - yes it was a sales pitch.

My question - this pitch offered to convert my Cove at Yarmouth on Cape cod to an Inn Seasons points for 40000 points. This would eliminate the Cove at Yarmouth which is OK. In addition I could deposit my one bedroom Gold Crown week at Bentley Brook for 65000 points and/or my 2 bedroom at Country Village Jiminy Peak, MA for 110000 points if I needed to get more ppoints. This would cost me $4,595 and also put me into the InnSeason system to allow me to use points without fees/etc.. Is this a bad deal or should I rescind?

Marianne B.
Oct 04, 2014

marianneb45 wrote:
...yes it was a sales pitch....This would cost me $4,595 and also put me into the InnSeason system to allow me to use points without fees/etc.. Is this a bad deal or should I rescind?

Rescind! Almost anything that was purchased at a sales presentation is not worth the money.

Rescind and take time, lots of time, to research and do some soul-searching. Ask yourself what kind of vacations you plan to take now and in the future. Besides, if you later decide that what you just purchased and rescinded is right for you, the offer will still be there months down the road (despite what the sales people told you).

Lance C.
Oct 04, 2014

Thanks for the advice - seemed steep to me even after negotiating $1000 off what they originally wanted (they just lowered the points they assigned).

Marianne B.
Oct 04, 2014

Number one rule is that when a timeshare sales person is moving his lips he is lying. They will tell you anything to get your money. These vacation clubs are notorious for claiming that you can exchange your weeks and then when you go to make a reservation there is never anything you want available. Check the rental section at redweek and other sites and you will find that you can rent weeks for less than you would pay in maintenance fees without having to obligate yourself to a lifetime of ever increasing fees and assessments. Recind immediately and look around for better deals.

They can increase the number of points you need at their pleasure to make you buy more points down the road. In my opinion points are corporate greed at its finest. It's just a way for them to get more money out of you in the future. Timeshare ownership is no longer beneficial to the owners. It has turned into a cash cow for the developers.

Don P.
Oct 05, 2014

The original appeal to me for this was getting rid of the Cove at Yarmouth (aquired 2 years ago in an attempt to convert a Bentley Brook out of my name). I thought the Cove one was a conversion but that turned out to be incorrect. This InnSeason eliminates my Cove at Yarmouth and would have given me points. I have been able to use the points in a fairly acceptable way so far but truly did not want to keep the Cove at Yarmouth. It seemed like a better idea to get rid of it this way (no one else would want the Cove points one on any site - Redweek or TUG2 - week 2 and 6 and 20,195 points value).

Seemed OK and they came down to $3000. The InnSeason on Redweek was available for $960/yr maintenance fee. I really don't want another timeshare week. Renting seems to work for my daughters - they never do timeshare and get good deals with VRBO. This InnSeason would eliminate my Cove and at least give me points flexibility and my kids are allowed to use it (no guest certificate purchase needed) which means I could finally let them choose a place comparable to what they are doing themselves.

Marianne B.
Oct 05, 2014

This certainly seems true. My daughters always rent on VRBO and such and they do just fine. The points seemed so flexible and I remember sitting in a hot tub at Bentley Brook listening to some guy gushing about how he is living off of his timeshare weeks all summer and not ever spending time at his home unit. This was more than 7 weeks of timesharing this man was doing. Now that is someone who knows how to work the system. HE mentioned something about stacking. I would not have been able to do that with the Cove at Yarmouth one (although I did get two weeks from that 20195 points - just took a studio instead of a 1 bedroom and I don't need prime times - Sept is just fine on the Cape for me). Thanks for you advice.

Marianne B.
Oct 06, 2014

Just finished rescinding. Thanks. I was only enticed because they would have converted my Cove at Yarmouth into more points and relieved me of the Cove at Yarmouth timeshare. It was a little like jumping from the frying pan into the fire. mtb

donp196 wrote:
Number one rule is that when a timeshare sales person is moving his lips he is lying. They will tell you anything to get your money. These vacation clubs are notorious for claiming that you can exchange your weeks and then when you go to make a reservation there is never anything you want available. Check the rental section at redweek and other sites and you will find that you can rent weeks for less than you would pay in maintenance fees without having to obligate yourself to a lifetime of ever increasing fees and assessments. Recind immediately and look around for better deals.

They can increase the number of points you need at their pleasure to make you buy more points down the road. In my opinion points are corporate greed at its finest. It's just a way for them to get more money out of you in the future. Timeshare ownership is no longer beneficial to the owners. It has turned into a cash cow for the developers.

Marianne B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.