Ask RedWeek

Have RCI deposit credit; would like to book, then rent out. How to determine what rents the best?

Oct 13, 2014

I have a desirable St. Maarten 2 bedroom unit, and have accrued a huge amount of RCI deposit credit which I cannot use myself, some expiring this year. The options I am considering are: 1. Exchange some/all credits, then rent the unit and supply a guest certificate. 2. Purchase an extension, then exchange and rent with guest certificate. This leaves the possibilities for where the deposit wide open. How could I determine location, time, unit size etc has the best possibility for renting, assuming I price it slightly below other similar listings. Or are there other possibilities I am not aware of? Thanks for any assistance.

S B.
Oct 13, 2014

RCI does not permit intervals acquired via an exchange to be rented out. If you try to do this and you get caught, the consequences can be ugly.

Lance C.
Oct 16, 2014

Thanks so much for the response. Guess I will pay to have these credits extended, and just rent out a week I own directly.

S B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.