Timeshare Companies

First lawfirm who actually helps to get rid off my TimeShare with Royal

Oct 24, 2014

Hello, well I want to post my experience cancelling my Timeshare with Royal Holiday.

When I first started with them, they promised more points, surprises, trips, exchanges to other resorts in different places, but all that was b.s. I receive dozens of calls on a weekly bases of fraudulent companies promising unbelievable amounts for my timeshare that I now blow off. Unfortunately , I was a victim and persuaded by some smooth talking scam artist.

Like 6 months ago I got contacted by Mr. Carrera, a lawyer in a mexican law firm, he told me he can cancel my timeshare and also get my money back. Anyways he sent me all his info via e-mail, I checked it and I wasn't sure in what to do. A mexican Law firm named Miller and Markez scammed me with a couple thousands in the past and I was very skeptical about the whole situation.

My wife was sick in the time, I needed my money back, and this Carrera guy only charged 599 USD which I paid.

I checked Carrera and Lawson's website and I noticed a couple of changes which got me a bit worried and shaken up. I was thinking it was "to good to be true" at that moment. That being said, they clarified all of my doubts and felt a bit more secure with the decision I was about to make in moving forward. My gut feeling was saying to trust and let faith decided. My god I was sweating bullets, anxious to find out if I was in for a surprise. They mentioned that my case was approved and that I should be expecting a compensation. The next couple of days I was reviewing my account constantly and NOTHING!!!! I couldn't believe it!!!!!!! I was thinking how foolish I could be of falling once!!!!! I called desperately and Mr. Carrera was nowhere to be found!!! His secretary told me that everything had turned out to be just fine and that in 24hrs funds should be reflected. I was so sure I had been fooled. Checked my account one last time.... and there it was......!!!!!!!! I was in for the surprise of my life!!!! Halleluiah!!!!!!!!!!! Praise the lord!!! I highly recommend the service. They are very patient and you'll be receiving nothing but complete professionalism. Best of luck anyone out there that reads this. God bless. J.G.

John G.
Oct 24, 2014

Shill alert !!! NEVER pay anyone money upfront to get you out of your timeshare. Shills like this one come in here claiming success getting out of their contracts. It's a SCAM !! All they want is your upfront money. Don't fall for their false claims. This scammer is posting his story in many threads to lure his next victims.

Don P.
Oct 25, 2014

ditto = scam/shill alert

donp196 wrote:
Shill alert !!! NEVER pay anyone money upfront to get you out of your timeshare. Shills like this one come in here claiming success getting out of their contracts. It's a SCAM !! All they want is your upfront money. Don't fall for their false claims. This scammer is posting his story in many threads to lure his next victims.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Oct 25, 2014 09:49 AM

Oct 26, 2014

You mean the website that was created on August 27th of this year?

Also, since one of the partners is an american citizen (Kenneth Lawson, assuming he's real for the sake of argument), it would be illegal for him to make outbound calls to solicit his services (or anyone working for him for that matter).

And Rudolph P. Montgomery doesn't exist at all as far as I can tell. Sounds like a child's idea of what an attorney's name would be.

Go away. Don't come back.

J V.
Nov 07, 2014

My name is Gerardo I live in mexico my family used to have a timeshare and they pay much money on fees after year one day I found the website of this lawyers I call them to see if they can help my parents they did it ,wasn’t fast like 4 months we had our doubts but the timeshare was canceled and now they don’t wasted more money on timeshare

Gerardo M.
Nov 07, 2014

gerardom18 wrote:
My name is Gerardo I live in mexico my family used to have a timeshare and they pay much money on fees after year one day I found the website of this lawyers I call them to see if they can help my parents they did it ,wasn’t fast like 4 months we had our doubts but the timeshare was canceled and now they don’t wasted more money on timeshare

Let me try this...

Tu eres un mentiroso. ¡Vete!

[correction made]

J V.

Last edited by jordanv6 on Nov 07, 2014 02:23 PM

Nov 07, 2014

SHILL !!!! SCAM !!!!!

gerardom18 wrote:

Don P.
Nov 07, 2014

in spanish you have to use un for male no una we got a letter from profeco and we called the mayan palace to check so do you have any proof or just talking nonsens check for how long i have been in this website didnt register today o this month if you dont have the *** to use your real name i do

Gerardo M.

Last edited by phyl21 on Nov 07, 2014 07:04 PM

Nov 07, 2014

gerardom18 wrote:
in spanish you have to use un for male no una we got a letter from profeco and we called the mayan palace to check so do you have any proof or just talking nonsens check for how long i have been in this website didnt register today o this month if you dont have the balls to use your real name i do

That was a surprisingly polite response.

Most people here use their real names. Whether or not you're telling the truth is irrelevant, no one here is going to recommend that anyone pay a law firm that cold called them. You're wasting your time trying to convince anyone here that this is a company they can trust.

Also, PROFECO has already stated that they don't send out letters like that...

J V.

Last edited by jordanv6 on Nov 07, 2014 02:28 PM

Nov 07, 2014

the letter was the cancelation its stamp and also are you familiar with the way profeco works or just talikg out of google, because i have the letter and the confirmation also i sent all the documents by regular mail i got the letter as well by regular mail. im not trying to convice you or anybody im posting my expirience if you are a coward that keep paying maintenance fees every year and posting as revenge thats your problem like i said i have proof you have olny steam

Gerardo M.

Last edited by gerardom18 on Nov 07, 2014 03:01 PM

Nov 07, 2014

gerardom18 wrote:
the letter was the cancelation its stamp and also are you familiar with the way profeco works or just talikg out of google, because i have the letter and the confirmation also i sent all the docuements by regular mail i got the letter as well by regualar mail. im not trying to convice you or anybody im posting my expirience if you are a coward that keep paying maintenance fees every year and posting as revenge thats your problem like i said i have proof you have olny steam

Actually, yes, I have dealt with PROFECO personally. They made it pretty clear that they don't typically help with these types of issues. Especially not for non-Mexican citizens.

J V.
Nov 07, 2014

im MEXICAN and LIVING in MEXICO, and dealing one or two times with PROFECO doesnt qualify to talk about the way profeco works, if you are so cleaver and know how they work ask your contacts to check this PFC.CHE.B 3/000001-2014 thats the number on the cancelation letter that i got from profeco BY MAIL if you really know everything about timeshares, profeco and the law in my country

Gerardo M.
Nov 07, 2014

This reaffirms what I said originally:

http://insidethegate.com/gatehouse/2014/09/mexico-timeshare-fraud-september-27-2014/

No one here is going to pay the law firm. End of story. I'm done wasting my time.

J V.

Last edited by jordanv6 on Nov 07, 2014 03:24 PM

Nov 07, 2014

Looks like the link was copy wrong, so you just going to run away because I can proof you don’t even know what are you taking about or can’t proof me wrong, your opinion its your right don’t abuse it, call my bluff and ask them you might get surprised

Gerardo M.
Nov 07, 2014

Scam law firms like this one have been ripping people off claiming they can get you out of your contract. It's a SCAM and this Shill is just trying to lure people into his scam. NEVER pay anyone money upfront to get you out of your timeshare.

Don P.
Nov 08, 2014

The ONLY law firm in MX that could possibly get one out of a timeshare contract is PROFECO (the Consumer Advocacy Agency in MX) and even then fraud has to be proven, so any other law firm stating that they can do this is a scam, period.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Nov 08, 2014 09:06 AM

Nov 08, 2014

jayjay wrote:
The ONLY law firm in MX that could possibly get one out of a timeshare contract is PROFECO (the Consumer Advocacy Agency in MX) and even then fraud has to be proven, so any other law firm stating that they can do this is a scam, period.

Here another example of people talking without knowing Jayjay before talking get the facts PROFECO is not a law firm it’s a government institution what this guys did was present my parents claim to PROFECO and get us out of the timeshare contract and like I said we got the documents from PROFECO by regular mail and we called Mayan to verify the cancelation after that we pay and it wasn’t fast like 4 months I never said anything about fraud I’m talking about cancelation of my parents timeshare i never mentioned fraud, read before crying let me ask have you ever try to cancel with them or just talking out of ignorance like I said I do have proof do you have any or is just your opinion.

Gerardo M.
Nov 08, 2014

Do you have proof that they can’t cancel timeshares or you just talking, contact profeco with the claim number that I posted, check do something besides calling me a liar or scam I checked your other post everything for you is a scam so sad, get a life don’t be scare not everybody is after your welfare and food stamps

Gerardo M.
Nov 08, 2014

jayjay wrote:

Do you have proof that they can’t cancel timeshares or you just talking, contact profeco with the claim number that I posted, check do something besides calling me a liar or scam I checked your other post everything for you is a scam so sad, get a life don’t be scare not everybody is after your welfare and food stamps

Gerardo M.
Nov 08, 2014

It's wonderful you found a lawfirm to help you out. You or your parents may have been just as lucky contacting Profecto and working directly with them. My understanding is that Profecto will work with ts owners in cases of fraud. Profecto certainly isn't going to get involved (lawyers or not) just because someone bought a timeshare and thinks they paid too much or has to pay too much for MF's.

Tracey S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.