Timeshare Companies

Grand Miramar Private residence/beware

Nov 20, 2014

NO NO NO NO We spend a very long time 8 1/2 hrs. with gm private residence and their partner Diamond Management PRESENTED BY THE SAME SALESMAN in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. SALES MANAGER RICHARD B. ___Beware, once you sign the contracts and you will, this is a very finely crafted presentation of financial entrapment . After 8 hrs. we were so tired we signed even tho we were weary. We cancelled and we are being charged 2/3 of our credit card payment, for 2 closing costs ( gm private residence & Diamomd Mgt.), tax, escrow fee etc. I was within the 5 day of the cancellation period, but was told once I sign that's it, even if I want to cancel an hour later. Do not go to this even if they promise you the moon, they are very diligent in their talks and drawings.

Barbara D.
Nov 21, 2014

barbara2209 wrote:
We cancelled and we are being charged 2/3 of our credit card payment, for 2 closing costs ( gm private residence & Diamomd Mgt.), tax, escrow fee etc. I was within the 5 day of the cancellation period, but was told once I sign that's it, even if I want to cancel an hour later.

If you rescinded according to the instructions within the 5-day period, then the company is legally required to refund you every penny. The refund might take a few weeks to come but they are required to refund you.

Keep at this and I hope you get all your money back.

Lance C.
Apr 24, 2015

I agree BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!. Same thing happened to us-there all day until we believed what they said, went back to our resort that night and saw all of the scammed tourists. But we went to Profeco and they are well aware of Richard Bounds and his flat out lies. They wrote a letter for us to send certified mail to cancel, even though Richard told us in person as he tried to keep us there a 2nd day, that we would be charged for "loss of comission" , penalty fee for canceling etc. All LIES!!! We documented everything and took pictures of the mail we sent, contracts etc. Our credit card company reviewed all of the documentation and we were refunded 100%. It took 3 months but they only stole my time not my money.

Karen N.
Apr 24, 2015

This company doesn't care if you rescind within the legal 5 day timeline, they do not refund you, knowing full well what they are doing is illegal. We canceled within 6 hours by email; within 12 hours in person; and within 2 days with a certified letter that included the legal order from Profeco ordering them to refund us. They still didn't refund us. You are not dealing with run of the mill crooks, these are brazen. Our credit card dispute was what got our money refunded 3 months later.

Karen N.
Jun 20, 2015

We even won in a Mexican Court in Mexico City and they have not paid a penny. Profeco is really not worth the effort and money we spend. They can do nothing that matters and those GM people know that. I don't know how Richard Bounce can sleep at night with all the frauds he collects from, he is from England and probably hates us and only wants his cut to live well there, the h--- with the Americans and Canadians..

Barbara D.
Oct 28, 2015

Please, please do not agree to attend any presentations and above all, do not give any of these Mexico timeshares your money. Stick to major worldwide brands. We were scammed out of over $8K of our retirement fund when we canceled a transaction at Grand Miramar after we thought better of it. They tell you that you'll forfeit around $2K to Grand Miramar, but what they don't tell you is that Diamond Management Group will hit you for "lost commissions" and "title search." Since when does any realtor get paid for no sale? I checked with my current timeshare owner (Marriott) and it turns out they lied about doing any title search. Marriott was never contacted. If you sign anything, you are going to be out a lot of money. They're badgering techniques are pretty impressive. They will wear you down. Be warned.

Rob A.
Oct 30, 2015

STAY AWAY FROM GM: I've dealt with GM being LIARS & CROOKS. I purchased back in Nov/12 by a sales person that I trusted as he came from our province of Alberta. The SCAM works like this. GM used The Property Place to entice me to purchase GM & to sell my other timeshares and/or Rent weeks. BY May/13 I was scammed out of $28,800 CDN. Then in Jan/14 I went to GM to get my contract Buy Back for $52K USD. Well met Richard Bounds, who I trusted. Gave me a bullshit story about The Property Place, but GM now used Diamond Management Group. I got sucked in to upgrade & purchase Cash Rewards ($12K for 20 yrs), so I could sell my other timeshares. The same SCAM. How STUPID of me to trust Richard Bounds. DON'T EVER TRUST ANYONE WITH TIMESHARES: Spent all of 2014 to get Richard & DMG to honour contract & GM still tried to SCAM me of $24,060 USD. I went to GM in Jan/15 to discuss SCAM with Richard & GM Sales MGR. GM said they never received the money. What LIARS - I had all the proven documents.

I got approval for cash rewards in Sept/14 for a trip we did & never received a penny. Now I cannot even access the web site, which only existed at GM office. I can't even access the site for GM Private Residence web site - doesn't exist.

In Feb/15, I talked to Profeco & then hired lawyers in PV to get a refund of $125,349 USD through Profeco. Following is a sequence of the SCAMS. Nov 19/12: Purchase $22,416 USD: Apr 8/13: SCAM $27,632 USD: Jan 28/14: Cash Rewards SCAM & Upgrade $48,742 USD: Feb 19/14: DMG Contract SCAM $2,500 USD: Sep 12/14: Transfer Fees SCAM $24,060 USD

-- Sept/14 SCAM -- MC Dispute $24,060 USD. Recovered May 25/15 from MC. -- Feb 17/15 -- Buy Back $52K Contract $50,450. Wait up to 5 yrs. Another SCAM. -- May 26/15 - JTC lawyers & GM hearing with Profeco to recover $$. Lawyers advised that nothing can be done. Here is my lawyers answer.

"Following with the hearing that took place this past days, we did not accomplished nothing since there argument is that they don't have any records from you supporting your legal ownership. Based on the information that you first provide us with PROFECO has not records of the registered names but one, the other 3 registered names are inactive so we cannot proceed to place a complaint against this. for being honest Max there's no room for us to ask for a refund due that they were to careful to protect all areas so they do not give no refunds, they said that they had no problems on giving us the cancellation but with no further action, I wanted to touch this matter before any conclusion, but the representatives will no proceed on giving us nothing else than the cancellation with no hesitation. We are with our hands tied Max, this is a very shady company they sell timeshares with one registered name after a while ( I suppose that after many complaints ) they closed the registered name and they open a new one, so there's no persecution."

I can only hope that my experience will prevent one other person to not buy from GM. For us its been an unbelievable hell of experience. Makes us not to trust anyone again. We still own the timeshare at GM with pay on use only. But our use will probably not happen again. But I always think that I'm glad I did not have a gun, when I last seen Richard.

I have joined with Timeshare Anonymous as I know I have a serious addiction. Max from Alberta, Canada.

Max Z.

Last edited by phyl21 on Oct 30, 2015 04:31 PM

Oct 31, 2015

maxz3 wrote:
I have joined with Timeshare Anonymous as I know I have a serious addiction.

What exactly is Timeshare Anonymous? What are you addicted to?

Lance C.
Jan 07, 2017

To the person that won in a Mexican court... I am in the process of hiring an attorney to sue GM also. Did you get a judgment against them and they just haven't paid? Any info would be helpful as I am beginning my case against them. Thanks.

Stephanie M.
Jan 14, 2017

I have dealings with GM now and am supposed to receive payment soon but have not yet. I am hoping it is not a scam. What have you experienced and has your problem been with payment?

stephaniem675 wrote:
To the person that won in a Mexican court... I am in the process of hiring an attorney to sue GM also. Did you get a judgment against them and they just haven't paid? Any info would be helpful as I am beginning my case against them. Thanks.

Jahala K.
Jan 16, 2017

Sorry for being so late. So the Timeshare Anonymous is my way to remind myself not to get sucked in on timeshares. Cause to me I did not realize how serious my addiction was to trust people.

Max Z.
Feb 24, 2019

You are very fortunate to have gotten a full refund! Many people did not and just gave up fighting for it.

karenn243 wrote:
I agree BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!. Same thing happened to us-there all day until we believed what they said, went back to our resort that night and saw all of the scammed tourists. But we went to Profeco and they are well aware of Richard Bounds and his flat out lies. They wrote a letter for us to send certified mail to cancel, even though Richard told us in person as he tried to keep us there a 2nd day, that we would be charged for "loss of comission" , penalty fee for canceling etc. All LIES!!! We documented everything and took pictures of the mail we sent, contracts etc. Our credit card company reviewed all of the documentation and we were refunded 100%. It took 3 months but they only stole my time not my money.

Gerry P.
Jan 04, 2020

If you cancel within 5 days they have to give you a full refund of your payment. If you used a credit card you are in luck as the credit card company will give you the refund. They can take it right out of the scammers account. Its the same as if someone steals your CC and makes a purchase. The vendor gets his account debited as soon as the fraud is proven. If they complain the bank tells them it's their fault for not verifying the identity of the purchaser.

Gerry P.
Mar 16, 2023

If anyone is still looking to track down Richard Bounds to get back their money/savings, at present he can be found living in Paamul, QR. Paamul is a small beachfront community that is around 15 minutes drive away from Playa Del Carmen. He is currently developing a number of luxury properties there. For capital, he is using the cash he dishonestly gained from the assorted timeshare scams outlined here and elsewhere on the net. This is the website that is dedicated to selling these new properties - www.palapahomes.com

Tony T.

Last edited by tonyt203 on Mar 16, 2023 01:48 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.