Ask RedWeek

Renting an all inclusive time share

Dec 01, 2014

Hello. I'm completely new to renting from redweek.com. I've found a timeshare rental that I really like. The price is awesome to rent for the week. I want the all inclusive and the owner told me that I will pay the resort the fee for all inclusive. Is this correct? She said they will send me a contract and I can pay them by credit card. Please let me know if this the normal thing to do! Thanks!

Janice L.
Dec 01, 2014

janicel176 wrote:
I want the all inclusive and the owner told me that I will pay the resort the fee for all inclusive. Is this correct?... Please let me know if this the normal thing to do! Thanks!

Check to make sure that the all-inclusive (AI) is mandatory or if it is optional. If it is mandatory, find out how much it costs. Sometimes these AI fees can be astronomical (sometimes as high as $100 per person per day).

Most people would consider that to be excessive. In touristy areas of Mexico, you can eat at nearby establishments for less than $40 per person per day.

If you decide to go with this mandatory AI resort, then you normally pay the AI fee upon check-in.

Lance C.
Dec 02, 2014

Thank you for that info! I appreciate it!

Janice L.
Dec 02, 2014

janicel176 wrote:
Hello. I'm completely new to renting from redweek.com. I've found a timeshare rental that I really like. The price is awesome to rent for the week. I want the all inclusive and the owner told me that I will pay the resort the fee for all inclusive. Is this correct? She said they will send me a contract and I can pay them by credit card. Please let me know if this the normal thing to do! Thanks!

Janice,

Most resorts require your credit card at check-in for the all-inclusive fees. You may want to contact the resort ahead of time to see what their fee is to avoid a surprise at check-in, or the owner should be able to tell you the fee.

It is always a good idea to agree upon and sign a rental agreement before sending payment. Here is a link to a sample agreement: http://www.redweek.com/resources/rental_process/private/

Additionally you can view the pros and cons of each payment method at the following link: http://www.redweek.com/resources/payment-method-comparison

If you need additional assistance, please contact RedWeek support at support@redweek.com, and we would be happy to help!

Warm regards, Kristin

Kristin D.
Dec 03, 2014

Thank you so very much!!

Janice L.
Dec 03, 2014

I have been in contact with an owner to rent his unit from January 3 - 10 Wyndham Gardens. He has indicated that it is rented, but Red Week has not posted this as RENTED! Confussing.

Anna M.
Dec 04, 2014

Anna -

Since owners create and manage their own postings on our website, it is the responsibility of the individual owners to deactivate their postings once they are no longer available. Unfortunately, there are some owners who fail to do this. If you will click on this link: Contact Us and let us know the posting number you are referring to, we will be happy to follow up with the owner to ensure the posting is removed from the website.

Thanks, Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Dec 08, 2014

I have received an offer from StayPC.com full offer , can you give me some information on StayPC

Charlotte F.
Dec 08, 2014

Charlotte,

Although we do not vouch for or recommend anyone using our site, if you Contact Us at Customer Support, we can let you know how long they have been a member and if we have any complaints on their account.

Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Dec 09, 2014

There's no other way to do it. As an exchange or bonus timeshare week you swap accommodation for accommodation or buy a bonus week of accommodation and the all-inclusive fee is an add on to that and is paid directly to the resort you're going to. Each resort will have their own way of collecting the all-inclusive fee.

Luigi K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.