Announcements

SCAMS - how to avoid them

Jul 12, 2022

I have a week up for rental. Someone just offered me almost twice the asking rental. Could that be a scam?

Thomas M.
Jul 14, 2022

yes Trust RedWeek TUG and there is an organization aptly named the Licensed Timeshare Resale Broker Association. Not all rent but most coordinate with those that do. These are agents that do not charge upfront money. Also, KOALA is a good rental platform. A red flag is if the company reached out to you unsolicited.

Irene P.
Jul 26, 2022

Vidanta resale scams. I have been receiving many calls on selling my Vidanta. All non solicited . M&L realtor being one. Anyone have info on them?

David
Jul 26, 2022

davidc845 wrote:
Vidanta resale scams. I have been receiving many calls on selling my Vidanta. All non solicited . M&L realtor being one. Anyone have info on them?

You pretty much summed up why it is a scam. Many unsolicited phone calls wanting to sell your low-value unit. I'm guessing that they're telling you they can get you tens of thousands of dollars for your unit.

Lance C.
Jul 26, 2022

Is there a way that you can you also let us know if there is a "scammer" acting like they will rent your timeshare and then you never hear from them again after they find out more about who you are?

Kathy W.
Jul 27, 2022

If you have any concerns about the person you have been dealing with, you can select the link to "Contact Us'" near the bottom of any page. We can let you know how long they have been a member and if there are any complaints on their account.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jan 06, 2023

Don't use Zelle for Redweek payments:

https://www.zellepay.com/financial-education/pay-it-safe

Zelle® is a fast, safe and easy way to send money to friends and family. It’s similar to cash. So you want to make sure you use it to pay only people you know and trust, like your roommate, your dad or your babysitter. Not people you don't know, like that stranger on the internet selling suspiciously inexpensive puppies from a place you've never heard of. Look for Zelle® in your banking app, and pay it safe out there.

Matt A.

Last edited by matta57 on Jan 06, 2023 03:41 PM

Feb 01, 2023

Hi, what are the primarily differences I should be aware of when choosing between "Verified and Protected" and a non verified posting that has "Booking Protection" ?

It seems that in both instances my money will be paid to RedWeek with my credit card, and the funs will only be released to the owner after check-in. Is this correct?

My primary concern is safety of the funds. I am confident in the posting details regardless if it is Verified or not.

Example: Rental R682004

Marissa V.
Feb 23, 2023

Can you please advise how long this person has been a member. R1066348 The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas

Sharmain T.
Mar 02, 2023

Can you let me know how long Premier Club Rentals have been an owner/member and if there have been any issues, do they have other successful listings? We are looking at Rental R1069606 but can't find anything else about them online. Thanks!

Nick P.
Apr 10, 2023

No. That's the only method. I don't trust bank checks that can bounce and cost me fees, and Credit cards cost me money to use their service and charge a percentage per transaction. If a renter wants to send a bank check I'm fine with that. I'm fairly easy with my renters and go with what they're most comfortable using.

Tracy

Tracy A.
Apr 10, 2023

Yes, they do have a standard form you can find in their documents & forms

Tracy A.
Apr 10, 2023

Hey Lawrence, I can say that I rent out my two weeks at my Florida time share that I have never been to so I have no personal pictures of my unit, just stock photos from the website. I can't say the same for everyone. Also, I am not guaranteed the same unit every year I check in and wouldn't want to post a modern remodeled unit with an 8th floor view and have the renter get assigned a non-updated room on the 2nd floor. Things like that can be stated in the post, but can be very upsetting when pictures don't match even with a statement of no guarantees in the post.

I personally do not choose to pay for the Red Week Verified option. I've been a RW member since 2012 and it shows on my postings. I provide screenshots or direct emails when requested of verifications of reservation. The added cost must be passed on to the renter. We've already paid for a RW membership fee and a fee to post our basic add. I choose to not add any more fees to the rental amount.

I'll defer to RW regarding guarantee...

Tracy

Tracy A.
May 16, 2023

that is my same question. I'm not sending money to a stranger

Liliana C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.