Ask RedWeek

Want to list vacation only

Apr 02, 2015

I booked a 7 night vacation for my daughter in Hawaii which she now needs to cancel because of a medical emergency. I want to list that exchanged week for resale but when I try to post they are asking me for my week and details for my owned timeshare. My owned timeshare is in Florida and I am not looking to rent that one. I only wish to offer the reserved week for use. How do I go about that?

Frances O.
Apr 02, 2015

Frances,

Unfortunately it is against the policies of both RCI and Interval International to rent out a week you have obtained through exchange. You are allowed to gift the week to a friend or relative, but you cannot rent it.

If you have further questions, please feel free to Contact Us.

Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Apr 02, 2015

franceso25 wrote:
I want to list that exchanged week for resale...

You cannot sell an exchanged week. You can only sell your timeshare. Do you mean that you are looking to rent out that week that you acquired via an exchange? If so, then the exchange company will not allow it.

What I would recommend is to explaining to the exchange company your plight and ask if you can somehow get another exchange week. There might be a charge for that but it is worth a shot.

The other thing you can try is this. You probably had to get your daughter's name on the guest certificate. You can try to get her name off of it and get another person's on it whom you know. You cannot rent it out but you can maybe charge him for the amount of the exchange. Check with the exchange company about its policy regarding this.

And whatever you do, do not pay any third party who claims it can rent out your exchanged week for you if you pay an upfront fee!

Lance C.
Apr 02, 2015

Thanks for the input. I am asking friends and family if anyone can use that week. I did get the coverage that will allow me to recoup my points if I cancel but I will loose my exchange fee. I will likely cancel that exchange should no one be able to use it. It is a shame though. That resort has a year lead time to get in. Thanks again for your input.

Frances O.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.