Ask RedWeek

How about a feedback system?

Apr 21, 2015

It sure would be nice if you guys would add some sort of feedback system here similar to what Ebay does. Then you could know right away if the person you are dealing with has already completed transactions here without incident. It should certainly cut down on people creating fake accounts just to try and defraud people out of money. If some new person creates an account and they suddenly have 10 listings for timeshares...it would be nice to know that..and I would be highly suspicious.

Vincent W.
Apr 23, 2015

Vince -

Our management considered this option, but decided against it as most of our postings are by individual owners who would not get many reviews, which would put them at a disadvantage to brokers using our website, who would have many reviews. The decision was made to make a safe transaction available through the services of First American Title: Escrow Service

We also will provide you with information on how long an owner has been a RedWeek member and if we have any complaints on their account if you Contact Us .

Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
May 31, 2015

So you really don't add any value for the $15/year you want to charge "members"??? Sorry guys but your model isn't going to work. I won't be paying $15 for the privilege of contacting a seller with questions and maybe buy/rent a unit.

Love the site but your business model sucks!

Glenn D.
May 31, 2015

Glenn,

The main reason we charge a membership fee is to protect our owners. We have found that on many of the free sites the owner or poster is inundated with messages from spammers and scammers. Most of these individuals won't pay $14.99 in order to contact an owner, so with our system the owner's time is free to consider only serious offers.

If you purchase a membership, and then find you are unable to connect with an owner, just let us know within 30 days and we are happy to fully refund the membership fee.

If you have further questions, please Contact Us .

Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jun 01, 2015

Sorry, Glenn, but I will be blunt with you like I am blunt with anyone else who complains about the $15 membership fee but, if you can't afford a $15 membership fee here on RedWeek, then you can't afford to travel. And if you can't afford to travel, then there is really no need for you to be contacting timeshare owners on RedWeek.

Besides, if you ask owners here on RedWeek, the majority will tell you that they like the idea of only paid members being able to contact them. I don't know if you've tried free sites like Craigslist, but if you have, you'll probably see that many owners are contacted by more scam artists and spammers and it takes a lot of time to try to weed those out from the legitimate inquiries.

If you want a resale and rental site that won't charge people to contact owners, try Bidshares, E-Bay, or Craigslist.

Lance C.

Last edited by lancec13 on Jun 02, 2015 09:36 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.