Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

anyone hear of Timeshare clearing house in Louisville ky

Nov 24, 2017

micheleg175 wrote:
It seems like you all should file a class action law suit against this company! If anyone hired a lawyer I am sure that lawyer would look into class action seems like there is enough of you who have been taken advantage of over this! Good luck

People seem to suggest "class action lawsuits" quite casually. No personal offense or disrespect intended, but I don't think that you even begin to grasp what is actually involved in filing a class action lawsuit. it is not simple or easy and it is seldom really even a feasible option at all.

First, you need to find a capable attorney who is essentially willing to work for free on the mere *possibility* of (maybe) getting paid someday in the very distant future if / when a case gets filed and a settlement is actually successfully reached --- good luck with that.

Second, in a class action lawsuit it is necessary to first identify and then notify a sufficient number of impacted parties to get represented in the first place. Good luck with that too.

Last but not least, even if those formidable obstacles can be overcome, settlement terms are usually ridiculous and insignificant. For example, when RCI was sued on behalf of thousands of disgruntled RCI members in a class action lawsuit some years back, when that case was ultimately resolved (6+ years later) the plaintiff attorneys received hundreds of thousands of dollars for their legal services --- but the plaintiffs (RCI members) each received a puny $10 "credit" on their RCI account and a RCI "agreement" to change their self-serving ways and practices regarding RCI's handling of prime time "deposits". Big deal. That case spawned the creation and introduction of TPU's (trading power units) by RCI for all deposits; a practice that now assigns specific (but RCI-determined and quite arbitrary) "valuation" to each and every timeshare week deposited into RCI for "exchange".

It is certainly your prerogative to suggest "class action lawsuits" all you want, but at the end of the day it is very difficult to actually "walk the talk". In my personal opinion, people are much more likely to elicit action and achieve meaningful results by filing individual, detailed, formal complaints with state authorities (specifically, with the state Attorney General office branch which handles consumer fraud). No out of pocket cost is incurred by such complainants and it's very real legal muscle --- and no time and effort is wasted "just spinning your wheels".

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 24, 2018 11:24 AM

Apr 26, 2018

Hi, Jay. In the interest of full disclosure, "jayb213" should let everyone know that he is employed by Timeshare ClearingHouse and is its most public face and mouthpiece.

Jason M.

Last edited by jasonm604 on Apr 26, 2018 06:47 AM

Apr 26, 2018

STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE

My dad contracted with Timeshare Clearinghouse (TSCH) early in 2017. They were supposed to get him free of the timeshare (Silverleaf Resorts) he had been stuck with since my mother's passing. He paid them 9000.00 (via a brand new credit card he opened just for this purpose) and TSCH made initial contact with Silveleaf in March of 2017. TSCH was informed that Silverleaf does not negotiate with third party vendors but never communicated this to my dad. Instead they continued to pretend that they were in negotiations with Silverleaf up until Dad's untimely death in August of 2017. At this point, I discovered that Dad had contracted with TSCH and I took over communication. TSCH continued to claim that Silverleaf was stonewalling us but that they would "...get things done" and that it was "...just a matter of time." TSCH engaged in stonewalling themselves when they refused to show me copies of their communication with Silverleaf. At a certain point in January of 2018, I became curious if Silverleaf had even heard of these people who claimed to represent my dad so I called them. This is when I found out that Silverleaf had told TSCH that they don't negotiate with third parties-- ever. Period. This is also when I began my own direct negotiation So- my question is-- what services did Timeshare Clearinghouse provide for my dad that were worth 9000.00? That seems an exorbitant sum for the little (if any!) work they did on his behalf.

Additionally- In a phone conversation on 04/12, Jay contended that a significant portion of the 9000.00 went to pay for the “vacation club” they enrolled my dad in. Jay had made this contention at least one other time, but it was directly contradicted by Mr. Kelso when we spoke on 03/12/18 when he described the club as a “throw in” or- to pararphrase- a nice extra that they offer to clients.

Jason M.

Last edited by jasonm604 on Nov 02, 2019 05:18 AM

Apr 26, 2018

jasonm604 wrote:
So- my question is-- what services did Timeshare Clearinghouse provide for my dad that were worth 9000.00? That seems an exorbitant sum for the little (if any!) work they did on his behalf.

Unfortunately, the scenario you have described above is very common and frequently repeated with virtually any and every upfront fee so-called "timeshare escape / relief / exit / rescue" operation. NONE of them possess any magic beans or know any secret processes by which to make a lawful, binding contractual obligation somehow just magically disappear. They are essentially all thieves and parasites. Some literally do absolutely nothing other than to gladly take money from people who choose to believe the pitch and pony up big bucks.

Some of the "escape / exit" parasites literally plan to do nothing, knowing full well that foreclosure will ultimately occur anyhow after a period of time. Of course, foreclosure would obviously occur at some point for non-payment of fees without them. They can then say "See, you're out now. That's what you wanted, isn't it --- so what's your beef?" It's sad and it's pathetic, but it's nonetheless true.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Apr 26, 2018 03:25 PM

Apr 26, 2018

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract !!

Don P.
May 24, 2018

Just some additional info RE: this company's dishonesty.

Owner Jeffrey Kelso made the claim to the BBB that " ​the purchase this client made was for the Travel Club, allowing discounted travel with no maintenance fees ​..."

I have now received the paper work to renew my TSCH vacation club membership and the cost is 179.00.

Mr. Kelso and his company have provided scant little value for the 9000.00 my late father paid to them. In fact, they've provided exactly 179.00 worth of value until they present paper work that proves otherwise.

Jason M.
May 24, 2018

jasonm604 wrote:
Mr. Kelso and his company have provided scant little value for the 9000.00 my late father paid to them. In fact, they've provided exactly 179.00 worth of value until they present paper work that proves otherwise.

I'd be more inclined to say they've provided exactly zero value, since that "vacation club" membership is essentially worthless.

I am very sorry that your late Dad fell prey to the shady (borderline illegal?) activities of these thieving parasites. The vacation club "membership" they "sell", although of precious little use or value, may be the one and only feature preventing their deceitful actions from constituting outright larceny and / or fraud.

Foreclosure will ultimately occur, at which point TCH will surely proclaim "success". However, the fact of the matter is that "ownership exit by foreclosure" would occur at some point anyhow; Timeshare Clearing House's very existence is completely irrelevant to foreclosure inevitably taking place at some juncture.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 24, 2018 05:59 PM

May 24, 2018

Interesting last tidbit there, Ken-- Thank you.

I've filed a lengthy complaint with the BBB but it doesn't show on the BBB website. The main thing TSCH sells on is being one of the few companies endorsed by the BBB. I don't think the BBB means much to younger generations, but people my dad's age have faith in its imprimatur. Since the elderly demographic is TSCH's target this work out well for them, and I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Kelso is buddies with a higher up in the KY-BBB.

Jason M.
May 24, 2018

jasonm604 wrote:
Interesting last tidbit there, Ken-- Thank you.

I've filed a lengthy complaint with the BBB but it doesn't show on the BBB website. The main thing TSCH sells on is being one of the few companies endorsed by the BBB. I don't think the BBB means much to younger generations, but people my dad's age have faith in its imprimatur. Since the elderly demographic is TSCH's target this work out well for them, and I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Kelso is buddies with a higher up in the KY-BBB.

BBB is actually just a "paid membership club" itself, with absolutely no legal authority or horsepower whatsoever. BBB accepts as a member any business entity willing to pony up the requisite fees.

I would venture to guess that members of your (and my) respective late Dads' generation believe (incorrectly) that BBB has some sort of governmental affiliation. The fact of the matter is that BBB has absolutely no such affiliation, despite the inclusion of the word "Bureau" in their name.

If you want to file a formal complaint with an entity that actually possesses some legal authority, gravitas and horsepower, I respectfully suggest doing so with the Kentucky Attorney General. Following are contact details and options, which I hope and believe are still current and accurate:

Kentucky

Email: Attorney.Generalag.ky.gov

Phone: (502) 696-5300

Mailing Address: State Capitol, Rm. 116, Frankfort, KY 40601

Consumer Protection: http://ag.ky.gov/civil/consumerprotection/

Online Complaint form: http://ag.ky.gov/civil/consumerprotection/complaints/#2

---------------------------------------------------------------------

In my opinion, these TSCH parasites need and deserve to have a focused spotlight shining very brightly on their deceitful and opportunistic "business practices". Good luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 24, 2018 01:52 PM

Jun 21, 2018

Thank you for the advice, Ken. The state AG did issue a letter and TSCH responded with a monetary offer that was substantially lower than what I requested, no copies of their correspondence with the timeshare company and the demand that I remove any negative comments I've posted online about Timeshare Clearinghouse.

Essentially, the company's owner Jeffrey Kelso, is trying to buy silence.

My concern is less monetary- although I do consider the 8900.00 stolen from my late father- and more about getting businesses like TSCH better regulated so that they are unable to prey on the elderly. I expressed the sentiment to the AG's office that protecting our parents and grandparents from this kind of immoral, parasitic behavior should be a non-partisan issue and we should be able to get something done and he agreed.

Jason M.
Jun 22, 2018

This is a scam- don’t fall for it

K H.
Jun 28, 2018

Absolutely a scam and Jeffrey Kelso is a predator.

STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE and keep your elderly loved ones away as well.

Jason M.
Jun 29, 2018

This was written in response to the above poster named jayb213 who posted on Oct 27, 2017. He is Jay -- the de facto face of Timeshare Clearinghouse.

Hi Jay-- I was going through some of my dad's stuff and I happened upon an envelope full of a paper trail for his dealings with Timeshare Clearinghouse (TSCH). On Thursday, March 16th of 2017, Dad went to a TSCH presentation in a rented room at the Red Lobster at 800 E Golf Road in Schaumburg, IL. The presentation was led by Zac Shabaan and Tiffany Mays. They talked Dad into signing a contract that had a rescission clause of 3 business days and convinced him to open up a new credit card and pay 9812.00 that same evening.

That's an old timeshare trick, of course-- ironic for a company that claims to get you out of your timeshares, don'tcha think, Jay?

On the second business day following(Monday, the 20th), Dad sent TSCH a fax rescinding his contractual obligations. Not accepting that, Jay (you) called him on March, the 24th and talked him into remaining a member of TSCH. I am not privy to the nature of that discussion, but I sure would like to know what was talked about and in what manner.

There were multiple times I asked you if my dad met with someone from TSCH in person, because it seemed out of character for him to conduct a transaction like this via website and phone. Each time, Jay, you LIED to me and told me that my dad must have found TSCH through their website and that there had been no in-person contact. At least as many times, I told you that I found the timing of Dad's opening of the credit card highly suspicious and that the fact that he only had the one item on the card was more than a little strange. Each of those times, you also LIED and denied that you were the ones who opened the credit card for him. Now there's paper giving proof to both of Jay's lies. If these are fair, ethical, better business practices, why lie about them? Please answer, Jay.

Jason M.

Last edited by jasonm604 on Nov 02, 2019 05:19 AM

Jun 29, 2018

You can report crimes against senior citizens to your Attorney General and probably get action .

Don P.
Jul 03, 2018

Done-- and action is pending

Jason M.

Last edited by jasonm604 on Jul 14, 2018 09:05 AM

Aug 01, 2018

Have to disagree pretty strongly here. I too was very skeptical about ALL things related to time shares, but this company did exactly what they advertised - they got me out of an aging time share. Yes, I paid them some money, but in return they did the legwork of filing the papers, transferring out of my name etc, Could I have done that on my own - YES - if I had a buyer, which I did not. There IS NO RESALE MARKET that is easy to get buyers for, for so many timeshares so you are stuck with them. These guys bought it themselves in order to rent it out or sell it themselves. They are NOT a scam and did what they said they would.

I would definitely recommend them over any other company that you know nothing about. Not worth the chance.

J

Joel G.
Aug 01, 2018

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract . These companies sink so low as to have someone ( a shill ) claim that they actually got them out after paying thousands of dollars upfront .Myself I can't imagine anyone being foolish enough to send someone thousands of dollars of their hard earned money . What do you know about these people other than what someone you never heard of state that they are legit . You probably have a better chance of winning the Nigerian lottery than having this outfit get you out of your timeshare .

Don P.
Aug 01, 2018

"Yes, I paid them some money,......These guys bought it themselves in order to rent it out or sell it themselves."

You just contradicted yourself right there. You said you paid them some money. Then you said they bought it themselves. How does that make any sense? Why would you pay them some money for them to buy it from you?

Which amount was greater? The money that you paid them or the money they paid you for your timeshare?

Lance C.
Aug 15, 2018

Since Jay B from TSCH is already posting here, I have to assume Joel is similarly connected. These people are predators. Period. End of sentence. Full stop.

Jason M.
Aug 21, 2018

My husband and I got scammed also 9,000.00 in 2016. Makes me so sick... I called BBB they said it was legit... they have nine grandchildren and and is said to have a waste of money like that..😖😔 Allison

Beverly J. Allison A.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.