Ask RedWeek

Want to buy a 'red' week

Apr 26, 2015

Can I assume as this site is called 'redweek' that all properties are actually red weeks?

Are all red weeks the same?

Do you get automatic membership to RCi or the likes of with your purchase?

Emma L.
Apr 26, 2015

Redweek is just the name of the website. It's all about timeshare and vacation clubs. The forums offer an opportunity to discuss any issue involving the industry. You can buy, rent or sell timeshares or vacation contracts by becoming a member. The forums are free for everyone. I would advise that you read through the forums before you decide to purchase a timeshare or vacation membership. There is a wealth of information in the threads from personal experiences. An educated owner is a happy owner.

Don P.
Apr 26, 2015

Not all weeks are "Red" weeks. "Red" is a designation used (usually by RCI) for weeks that are more desirable than others. Desirability depends on a few factors such a location, time of year, size (number of bathrooms, bedrooms, etc.), and timeshare company (eg., Marriott, Sheraton, Wyndham, etc.). And then various companies will have different ways of designating weeks.

As for RCI membership, that is usually separate. If you own at Wyndham, they might include RCI membership with your ownership (double check on that). However, RCI membership costs about $150 per year depending on how many years you buy and other factors.

Lance C.
Apr 26, 2015

Thanks for your responses, it has cleared up my queries.

Emma L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.