Timeshare Companies

Suitelife Vacations anyone?

May 24, 2015

We are starting our own thread since there are concerns about the special assessment fee of $399.00. Also, we are very concerned about the $20,000.00 CRTC fine. Some of our members have been threatened with legal action in voicing these concerns. We are also being threatened with collections. Hence the question: Suitelife Vacations anyone?

Rosina M.
May 24, 2015

Thanks for opening this thread. It's a good way for Suitelife Vacation members to share their opinions and experience. I've tried dealing with them directly, but I found it's pointless. A lot of blah, blah, blah. I have no confidence that they're going to be around a year from now, so I definitely won't be booking a vacation through them.

Jayne N.
May 24, 2015

Read your contracts and see where it states that the members are responsible for their irresponsible business practices and fraudulent actions.

Don P.
May 24, 2015

I might consider paying the assessment fee ($399) if the mis-manager resigns or if the manager responsible for incurring a $20,000 fine from the CTRC resigns. Or if Suitelife would state publicly what their cashflow sheet looks like for 2013 and 2015. It's a long shot, hence "might"

Petra B.
May 25, 2015

Funny how the yearly fee went up this past December, (second time in 2 years) just after the summer of this $20,000 fiasco. An extra $10 from 3000 members, more then the $20,000. Yep, we paid for it, and then some

Mo R.
May 25, 2015

If they are stupid enough to sue anyone for non payment just defend yourself by subpoenaing their financial records. There isn't a judge in this country that would make anyone pay for their mismanagement and fraudulent practices. Demand to see their books before making any payments to them.

Don P.
May 26, 2015

We have a picture of the cashflow situation at Suitelife Vacations from their own statement to members on March 6, 2015: In order to maintain the solvency of the Club, we estimate that with what we have paid Dream Travel already, along with what it cost to replace the reservations that have gone bad, a special assessment of $399 (US) will be charged to all members..." So the Club will not be able to maintain its' solvency without the special assessment fee? Does this Club deserve to be saved by its' members? We already paid a special assessment fee in 2009 along with rising annual dues.

Rosina M.
May 26, 2015

Once they collect the fees from everyone what is stopping them from going bankrupt just like Tonya Williams did ? It look like a domino affect to me. Collect as much money as possible. Pay yourselves huge salaries and bonuses and then go bankrupt and open up again under a different name. Business as usual .

Don P.
May 26, 2015

I am quite upset about this fee and posted a compliant on BBB just to have my message responded to and threatened for non payment. I was once happy with this club but the additional fees are just too much. Time to book my vacations elsewhere. Glad my wife and I only signed up for 5 years (with 2 bonus years). No more payments to these guys for us.

--- What the complainant negelected to mention was that he agreed to such fee increases in his original contract, as set forth in Article 4 of the Rules and Regulations. In addition, to the extent any defamatory comments have or will be made by the complainant such shall be forwarded to legal counsel for recourse. - See more at: http://www.bbb.org/kitchener/business-reviews/travel-clubs/suitelife-vacations-club-in-woodbridge-on-1269096/customer-reviews#sthash.XF94iMhl.dpuf

Scott D.
May 26, 2015

I signed a contract that stated that my annual fees would not increase more than a cumulative average of 5% per year....but last year I was charged more than double that percentage in my annual fee. They want us to abide to their contract, but they don't.

Jayne N.
May 26, 2015

Yes I saw that. What I want to know, is how do they think what people are saying is "defamatory" when everyone is saying the same thing, and everything that is said is true? They are charging their members for their mistakes, and people are not happy. Where is that "defamatory"? Each one has their own story with them, whether they have booked vacations with them or not. No "lies" have been said. They are nervous about bad publicity.

Mo R.
May 26, 2015

They can't sue you for telling the truth. Let a judge look into their finances if they threaten to sue you.

Don P.
May 26, 2015

As long as enough of us refuse to pay the special assessment and not succumb to collection agencies we have nothing to be concerned about. It is those members who paid the fees who will regret their decision because this club is going nowhere but down. Each unpaid assessment means less service (you don't really believe they reduce their salaries or bonuses, do you), as more member refuse the next special assessment, the downward spiral straightens more and more, resembling free-fall just before the end.

Then comes a new name, lots of promotion and voila, a new club rises from the ashes. Same principals, same promises, same Porsches and Jaguars only difference will be the different marks. Just like us.

Petra B.
May 26, 2015

Have you noticed how many email promotions they've had since they requested the special assessment fee? I receive one email promotion every 2 or 3 days - before the special assessment fee request - nothing. I think their hope is to entice members to call in and book one of their promotional vacations, because the member will have to pay the special assessment fee before Suitelife Vacation agrees to book it. It's so obvious.

Jayne N.
May 26, 2015

According to Consumer Protection Ontario: Collection agencies must be registered with the Government of Ontario. I checked on the website for registered collection agencies. Triad International Corporation (690 Rowntree Dairy Road Suite 201, Anthony Addesi/President) does not appear to be a registered collection agency with the government of Ontario. For further information on collection agencies please go to Consumer Protection Ontario.

Rosina M.
May 27, 2015

You are correct! If they are using Triad, they are just wasting their time with phone calls. They are NOT a registered collection agency, according to the search. This is just a tactic to scare people with calls. If you get a letter from them first, which is what a legit agency must do BEFORE making calls, you can contact the Ontario Protection Agency, provide them with any info that is on the letter (if they have a "claim" number, a "registered" agency number) and see if its legit. If they went with a legit agency, they would have to take a loss if people paid through the agency. They would only get back a certain amount, as they would have to pay the agency. I hope people are reading this thread and are getting informed!

Mo R.
May 27, 2015

We think it is time for the members to take legal action re:Article 15. Is it binding in a court of law? Are Suitelife members responsible for the Dream Travel fiasco? Are Suitelife members responsible for the CRTC fine? We are meeting with our lawyer today.

Rosina M.
May 28, 2015

In their recent email promotion: (selling Mexico vacations) "Suite Life Vacations has availability starting in June through April at the well-known affiliate resorts Mayan Palace, Grand Mayan and Grand Bliss in Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Riviera Maya and Los Cabos." Availability starting June through almost a whole year? Sounds like no one is booking to me

Mo R.
May 28, 2015

Read the threads about those resorts in the forum. Looks like everyone is complaining about those resorts too. Most of the same claims of misrepresentations and unavailability.

Don P.
May 28, 2015

Hoping you'll share your lawyer's advice with us

Petra B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.