Ask RedWeek

Timeshare rental involving Interval

Jun 10, 2015

We are considering renting a time share and it turns out that the owner couldn't use the week last year, so she transferred it to Interval. So the owner is saying that Interval suggested that she buy a Guest Certificate in my name, and for me to wire the money to her. Has anyone been involved in renting when Interval is involved? As I don't know this owner, I'm leary about wiring money and getting a "certificate". I've rented before and it didn't involve Interval. The owner sent me a rental contract and confirmation that the week was in my name, and I mailed them a check. I also called the resort to verify that the people were actually the owners. It all worked out well. This is a different scenario, and I don't know what procedure to take with this. Anyone have any recommendations? How can I make sure that this is on the "up & up"?

Cindie T.
Jun 10, 2015

Cindie-

It is against the policies of Interval and RCI to rent out weeks that were obtained through their system., and we recommend that you never wire money. You may find this page helpful: Stay Safe .

If you need further assistance, please Contact Us .

Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.