Ask RedWeek

Resort properties management

Aug 04, 2015

New to timesharing. This company called me today. Has anyone heard of them? Called me about a timeshare that ive not officially closed on yet. Stating my 4 free giveaways end at the end of this month. And they can rent them for me at $1700 per week for only $799 fee. They called my house number which I give out to NO ONE and was not on any forms that I filled out with the closing company with the timeshare they were referring to? How could they get my house number?

Stephanie T.
Aug 04, 2015

It's a scam and they get your information the way all scammers do, the steal the information or they buy the information from someone who stole or obtained the info unlawfully. Once you pay the $799 you will never get it or any rental income back. You are not even allowed to sell or rent out your getaway week obtained from an exchange company. Welcome to the wonderful world of TS where the dishonesty and scamming come at you beginning, middle, and end from all directions.

Tracey S.
Aug 05, 2015

Well I'm not sure what I should do from this point. They actually talked to my father and I didn't want my family to know I owed a timeshare. They assumed he was my husband. I acted dumb when I was talking to them and ask for a phone number and names and address. I'm thinking of calling the attorney general and ftc The address they gave was Atlanta

Stephanie T.

Last edited by stephaniet206 on Aug 05, 2015 07:04 PM

Sep 24, 2015

Any other horror stories about Resort property Management? They have been in touch with me but I haven'y sent them any money.

Donald S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.