Ask RedWeek

Week 52

Oct 15, 2015

I have read a lot of contradicting statements reference fixed weeks, specifically week 52. If I purchase week 52, am I guaranteed that week? I heard the check in day is not guaranteed. But, arent the check in days Friday, Saturday, or Sunday? If I am flexible on my check in day, does that make it easier. My concern is purchaing a week 52 and not being able to get it, granted I am new to this and read all sorts of contradicting statements. Ideally I'd like to purchase a week 52 and primarily trade it. From what I understand, trading week 52 would give me better options on different weeks or locations I would want. Or, am I totally misguided? Thank you!

Chad Towe
Oct 15, 2015

You have to check the contract with the resort. A fixed week deeded ownership " should " be assigned to the owner but over the years the industry has manipulated the terms of ownership. Floating weeks have no assigned week and of course points have absolutely no preference in choosing an assigned week. You have to read each contract thoroughly and I'll bet it still will be ambiguous. Definitely don't rely on anything someone might tell you. What is written in the contract is the bottom line. Hopefully you might get some feedback from someone who has dealt with this issue recently.

Don P.
Oct 15, 2015

Thank you. The listing is for week 52 which can also be used as a floating. So, I'll do more research and read contracts thoroughly.

Chad Towe

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.