Ask RedWeek

Rental Verification

Feb 03, 2016

I think Redweek is making a big mistake and will lose a lot of clients with their new Rental Verification Program. Us folks owning Float/Flex Timeshares are not going to be able to provide the info required.

Al J.

Last edited by alj38 on Feb 07, 2016 01:43 PM

Feb 03, 2016

What kind of info do they require?

Tracey S.
Feb 03, 2016

All you need is to send them a email confirmation of your reserved week. I have used it several times but didn't feel like it made a difference. It is not that important but gives one a since of trust. You will have good results without it if priced fairly

Dave
Feb 03, 2016

David, as I said in my message, "Float", not Fixed week. Thanks for response.

Al J.
Feb 03, 2016

Tracy, Please refer to any of the Rental Sites which lists a half dozen things Redweek has to verify. Thanks for response.

Al J.
Feb 03, 2016

Al -

In order for us to verify a week, there must be a confirmed reservation. We cannot verify a floating rental posting without set check-in and check-out dates, so you would first need to make a reservation with your resort to have your posting listed as verified.

If you have further questions, please feel free to Contact Us .

Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Feb 03, 2016

I have all float weeks also, but I have to reserve 10 months ahead or they are gone unless it is some undesirable off time. So I hand pick a popular week vacation in my name , use this as my document to get the verification, and when I rent it change the name on the reservation to the renter.

I have had zero luck advertising float weeks, next month wont work with our system.

Dave
Feb 04, 2016

You don't have to pay and use Redweek "rental verification" You can just list the unreserved float weeks. If you have a confirmed reservation using a floating ownership or even a points system you can provide the confirmed reservation, once you have a specific week reserved and pay the fee to be listed as Redweek Verified.

I don't see Redweek losing lots of clients over this.

At this point I am not paying for the service. Once contacted I can provide the confirmed reservation, to the potential renter. Some of my resorts do not provide confirmations but I can have them call and verify directly once their name has been added to the reservation.

Tracey S.
Feb 04, 2016

Phyllis, That is exactly my point! Many of us own float or flex weeks and do not want to or have to make reservations 6, 8, 10 or 12 months in advance. We would like to offer a prospective renter that choice. However, if we place an ad in Redweek and would like to be considered for your new "Rental Verification" designation, no luck! Al

Al J.
Feb 04, 2016

I own Starwood timeshares and I have to select 10 or 12 months in advance as you stated. How about all the people who own at resorts that have availability up until a month or two before check-in and a prospective renter would like a different week than what you selected? Those ads get the "Non Accredited" or "Non Verified Designation". Right?

Al J.
Feb 04, 2016

I understand perfectly but don't you think as this "Rental Verification" thing takes off and people scan 50 ads, half of which have this "Rental Verification Flag" then the others that do not will be thrown into a "spam" or "fraudulent" bundle category simply because Redweek can't do their 6 point verification or the owner says I really don't want to mess with all this red tape.

Al J.
Feb 05, 2016

I don't think it will do any more than bolding the ad to make it more noticeable and like that feature it is driven by a desire to offer a service by Redweek so they can get paid more. It might make the nervous nelly type new renters more comfortable to reach out to you, but I would rather have an experienced person who know the ins and outs of renting (from others) and knows how to verify that a reservation is real without an outside party telling them. If you are priced competitively, can help the potential renter verify the reservation themselves and you have the week they want, I don't see them running to someone else just because Redweek deems them "verified".

Tracey S.
Feb 06, 2016

Tracy, You make some very good points. As you say, it is a revenue generating source for Redweek. The ad will be "highlighted" with the purpose of excluding those ads that did not "pay the fee".

Al J.
Apr 08, 2016

What is the cost of rental verification to the owner. I own at Costa Linda & La Cabana

Richard H.
Apr 08, 2016

I'm not sure. You need to contact Redweek Customer Service.

Al J.
Apr 08, 2016

$14.99 you can not change info on your add once they approve your verification or you will be charged again.

Dave
Apr 09, 2016

Thanks David. What is your opinion of this new Rental Verification Program?

Al J.
Apr 10, 2016

There is a "comfort zone" to this feature that can attract renters putting them more at ease. I use verification at some of my resorts that have lots of rentals. I think that for $14.99, one cost only , you have highlighted it in the best way possible, instead of the $9.99 BOLD listing per month. Also if you were the same week reserved as others and for around the same cost, one would take the verification week over the others. If only a few listings are at your resort, your going to be seen and I do not verify them in this case. I find that I like to change my add up here and there. I can not do this once the verification tag is put on it without another fee verification fee.

It would be nice for REDWEEK to maybe be able to allow us to at least be able to change the asking price if a unit has not rented and it is getting closer to expiring. Something as miner as this will take the verification tag away.

Trust is a ongoing issue both ways. I feel pretty safe with places like Redweek and TUG. We all set up accounts so scams are highly unlikely. We really only want to rent our places, and the renters are just looking for a nice vacation.

Dave

Dave

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.