Timeshare Exchanges

red week verification...don't wast your money!

Mar 14, 2016

I had 2 weeks available and paid for both of them to be verified $14.99 each. One of the weeks rented and the other was coming close to expire my 6 month ad. I renewed my membership for yet another $14.99 and the ad for $24.99 and changed nothing, but now in order for it to show as verified they want another $14.99. Why would the same exact reservation need to be verified twice...I will tell you why! Because they want another $14.99 and they don't even have to verify again and the rental is coming up now Memorial Week. I am not giving red week one more dime!

Kim H.
Mar 14, 2016

Hi Kim,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about RedWeek Verified and we can certainly understand your concern.

Please keep in mind that when verification is purchased, per our terms, the verification will run from the point of verification until the posting itself expires, the posting is deactivated, change key posting details, or the advertised rental dates pass.

So while RedWeek Verified can run for six months on a rental posting or one year on a resale posting, should any of these events occur, a new verification would need to be purchased for the posting.

http://www.redweek.com/resources/faq/redweek-verified

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts & for being a part of RedWeek!

Valerie H.
RedWeek.com
Nov 13, 2018

I have the Redweek verification on my posting which is still active. I want to lower the price. Nothing else is changing. Why is lowering the price causing me to lose the verification status? That shouldn’t have anything to do with the reservation being verified.

Jacquelyn H.
Nov 13, 2018

Jacquelyn H. : You will not lose the verification by changing the price. The warning is only to let you know if any other field is changed, the verification will be broken.

If you need further assistance, please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page. Thanks!

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Nov 16, 2018

I also have a complaint about verification. I have done this before WITHOUT but thought I would try to see if it helped. As a Canadian, I paid the premium to join redweek, list my unit for sale, then another fee to verify. It is my fault about not reading the part about 'You will be paid AFTER the person(s) have begun the rental AND they have up to 2 months ahead to CANCEL!!!!! So, I needed this $$ to pay for another place for my nephew who wasn't able to come. I paid but don't have the $$ until MONTHS later. Why have a CANCELLATION policy in place, who is REDWEEK protecting? I can't cancel my week and if they commit thats what it is a COMMITMENT!!!! REDWEEK needs to check these things again and protect the people renting. You should not be paying another fee to reenter the same unit/time with them. REDWEEK used to be almost free, now it appears profit is their number one goal.....guess that's capitalism?!

klalaw

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.