Ask RedWeek

Orange Lake Holiday Inn Resort... Good deal?

Apr 21, 2016

Good points....

Jerry A.
Apr 21, 2016

jerrya136 wrote:
The letter is written up and all that needs done is going to post office.

Still considering things. We do want some of the benefits that come with going through the developer that would be lost by not going through them.

Then get that letter sent away ASAP!

As for the benefits that come with going through the developer, those are benefits that a resale owner can buy for a lot less than $12,000.

Lance C.
Apr 21, 2016

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241189

This is a recent post from someone who rescinded their purchase. They admit that they were not aware of what a good deal was. They will now study the market/industry to make an informed decision. If you decide to buy retail - you can. But don't believe that a salesman, whose livelihood depends on selling, will tell you the truth to make a sale. A lawyer that I once knew put it like this: "Make all your promises verbally, and get all your promises in writing."

If your first deal was so good - then why was there a second deal? You are not ready to buy a timeshare at this time................

John I.
Apr 21, 2016

Here here.

Where would you go then to get the most points and in what system? We need the flexibility and are looking at using it a minimum twice a year.

Jerry A.
Apr 21, 2016

If you go to TUG (www.tug2.net) you can find a first time buyers questionnaire, which you can fill out and ask for help. Members will give you recommendations on which systems might work best for you. No one system is the best. And the "points systems" vary between companies. You need, also, to consider the effect of maintenance fees on you enjoyment of your timeshare. Do you want to go to more than one location? If so, system size matters. Education is the key. Personally, I don't believe in owning a timeshare. I vacation in hotels or rent timeshare weeks. No upfront costs, and no regrets if circumstances change. And no maintenance fee bills every year.

If, after doing all the necessary research, you find that your first transaction was the best - you can always go back to your salesman and resurrect the deal. Your deal was not "Good for today only." That's a scare tactic.

John I.
Apr 21, 2016

They don't make any of this easy... Do they? Geesh

Jerry A.
Oct 14, 2019

There are no good deals from Orange Lake - not in the salesroom or on the phone. The salespeople will tell all kinds of lies to you. I was told 1) the timeshare is a great investment and it will appreciate in value over time 2) the timeshare is in such demand it could always be rented for a profit 3) I could trade my points for stays anytime, anywhere (they showed me a catalogue of places that was much larger than what I found online later) 4) the maintenance fee would only have small incremental maintenance increases 5) they even lied about how long the presentation would last - they spent 5 hours wearing me down Don't deal with people who commit fraud to get your money. The technical term is fraud in the inducement. They know they are breaking the law, but do it anyway because most people don't have the money for a lawyer to get them out (it's expensive).

Jay R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.