Ask RedWeek

Manhattan Club, NYC

May 04, 2016

I have a week of timeshare at the Manhattan Club which is available bi-annually. Our next week for occupancy is 2017, and they are demanding my maintenance fees now. I have had a problem with my credit card being hacked, and don't want to give them my new card. I have also discussed a deed back with them; however, the excuse used was that they are not allowed to sell or buy back at this time because of a legal problem.

What are the consequences of not paying maintenance fees? We are no longer able to use the week because of health issues, which was the reason for asking for the deed back. My husband is disabled and I am his 24/7 caretaker.

Evelyn O.
May 04, 2016

Timesharing Today magazine just published an article about the lawsuit against the Manhattan Club owners . It seems that they created a shell company and syphoned 6.5 million dollars off the top. The government is going to pursue criminal charges against them once they get more disclosure. The civil case is being heard. The bad news is that it takes time, probably years, to get the low lives that steal millions. I'm sure their attorneys will delay everything as long as they can and the money will be long gone by the time the case goes through the system.

You can expect your credit to possibly be hit if you stop paying the maintenance fees. Everyone has to decide for themselves what the best course of action is for themselves. Good luck .

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on May 04, 2016 01:32 PM

May 04, 2016

There is another discussion group on redweek titled 'manhattan club lawsuit' there is much info & discussion you should explore

Dennis C.
May 05, 2016

Can you please post a copy of this article? Thanks.

Druie C.
May 06, 2016

I am in a similar situation - they don't have my new credit card. Not sure the consequences of not reupping.

Ralph V.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.