General Discussion

Apollo's Acquisition of Diamond Resorts

Jul 09, 2016

Having been a stockbroker when Michael Milken earned his junk bond fame at Drexel Burnham Lambert I was alarmed to learn the founder of Apollo and DBL bought Diamond Resorts. The next step, according to Wall Street prophets, is to have Wyndham buy it for $36 - $39 a share. Apollo is just the middle LBO step.

Thanks to Diamond, in my outcry to the media, I am now a contributor (unpaid) for the Jim Cramer of Mad Money TheStreet. They published my article, "Is Apollo's Acquisition of Diamond a Return to its Junk Bond Roots?" It is except I am the junk as my points are worthless. Search Irene Parker The Street to read the article.

I was also published on "Inside Timeshare" in Europe. I created a virtual interview after reading about the extraordinary amount of money the venture capitalist made. You can read about it in my article "Is There a Disconnect Between Timeshare Owners and Venture Capitalists?" I'm not against venture capital. We retired at 55 because of a venture capitalist. I'm also not against Diamond. I like their resorts. We just want to be able to sell our points if we have to with one of the LTRBA members since they buy and sell Diamond's competitor's points. I think this is unfair trade. To read the Virtual Interview in the style of Stephen Colbert search - Inside Timeshare. England's version of Stephen Colbert is John Bird and John "subprime" Fortune.

I am unpaid. As a former CASA supervisor writing court reports on behalf of foster children, I cannot stand by and let timeshare abuse go by unnoticed. I interviewed someone for another article that still keeps me awake at night. The legislators AARP ARDA and most of the Attorney Generals are on the side of timeshare because it is good for the economy. Theirs not ours.

Irene P.
Jul 09, 2016

I couldn't agree with you more. I have been active in these forums helping people get the most out of their timeshares and helping some get out of their ownerships all together. I challenge anyone to find the benefit to owning points. These contracts are written by the developers for the developers and they spend millions lobbying law makers to pass laws to make the happen.

They over sell properties including undesirable weeks in the name of profits. They have the ability to raise the number of points it takes to get a reservation. They lock their victims into lifetime contracts by convincing the lawmakers that they are selling real property but treat the owners like they are renters.

Unfortunately I don't see change coming anytime soon. The giant corporations have unlimited funds to keep the game in their favor. Owners are not united and have no financial means to fight these corporate bullies. I hope you keep posting information on a regular basis in this forum. Your knowledge is a breath of fresh air for many readers. Most of them don't have access to the inside workings of the industry.

I look forward to reading your future posts.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Jul 09, 2016 07:50 AM

May 17, 2018

YOU have no idea what your are talking about. So please stop spreading lies to buy people’s timeshares for pennies on the dollar.

You disgust me.

Brad L.

Last edited by phyl21 on May 17, 2018 03:14 PM

May 17, 2018

What do you do? I’m up watching the market. I assume you are a resale broker.

Stop ripping people off and selling false information. It truly is sad that this site is run by a resale company based out of Florida.

THATS A FACT.

Brad L.
May 17, 2018

Who are you criticizing in here Bradford ?

Don P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.