Ask RedWeek

selling my timeshare

Jul 29, 2016

Premiere Vacation Collection Owners Association, Inc. has been bought out by Diamond Resorts what do I say my timeshare name is? Is there a person I can talk to to learn more about selling my timeshare?

Mary A.
Jul 29, 2016

Expect to be hit with an assessment and a huge increase in maintenance fees. That's Diamonds M.O..

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Jul 29, 2016 01:20 PM

Jul 29, 2016

Mary -

If you are wanting to sell your timeshare on the RedWeek website, you can obtain more information by emailing support@redweek.com. Or you can click on this link to Contact Us.

Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Oct 03, 2016

What happens if annual dues are not paid? Do they lien the unit? Since I own a deeded share. Or you just can't use your week and eventually they foreclose for non payment?

Sam H.

Last edited by samh155 on Oct 03, 2016 10:28 AM

Oct 05, 2016

samh155 wrote:
What happens if annual dues are not paid? Do they lien the unit? Since I own a deeded share. Or you just can't use your week and eventually they foreclose for non payment?

The resort will deny you access to your unit. You will also be hounded with collection calls and letters. It's possible that your delinquent payments will be reported to credit agencies and you will face a ding on your credit score and history. This, in turn, could affect your ability to get loans and other credit or might increase the percent of interest rate if you do procure a loan.

Yes, the resort will probably foreclose on the unit and eventually repossess it. From what you are asking, I am assuming that you want to rid yourself of ownership of this unit. If so, there are other ways to do so without going through the problem that delinquent payments would cause.

Try asking the resort if it will take your unit back. It might require that you pay closing costs and even the next maintenance fee but at least it will be done without the pains of collection agencies and credit reports. Maybe even do what Don P suggests the way he did it. Let the resort know, in no uncertain terms, that you will be getting rid of your unit one way or another and that it would be in the best interests of all for the resort to take it back amicably. It's cheaper and easier for the resort to take it back that way than to go through all the rigors and expenses of foreclosing.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.