Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

want to stop on timeshare

Aug 03, 2016

I fell on high pressure on a points timeshare about a year ago and realized I made a bad decision because of our health condition which does not allow us to travel anymore and financially I just can't afford it. I still owe about 2 years on it owe about 2 years on it. My question to you is have you heard of TIMESHARE COMPLIANCE.COM who says they can get me out of the timeshare for a agreed fee. What do you think?

William F.
Aug 03, 2016

"DO NOT!!!!!" Do anything with this business. I checked the BBB in Virginia, where this place is supposed to be located. Seems the BBB has a fraud alert on them Seems the BBB went to check on them twice at address listed only to find there is no such business with that, nor has there been. I googled their site, and it shows they are accredited by a "on line BBB", it's false. Better to use the only BBB that has nation wide origination to back it up Always remember rule #1 If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is. Rule #2 they can't guaranty any thing let alone your money back. NEVER give anyone monies to get you out of a time share, "to get the ball rolling, paper work, how ever they term it with out checking them out first. Always go with trusted services(red week, Tug) that time share owner inspired and operated. Put it up for sale your self at the aforementioned sites or you can rent it out to cover expenses if time allows. TUG has many forums on similar circumstances. GOOD LUCK......

William P.
Aug 03, 2016

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract especially if you still owe money on it. If they claim they can cancel your debt it's a SCAM. The timeshare ownership and the debt are two separate entities. The resort deals just with your timeshare matters and who ever you financed it through deals with the loan. If anyone tells you differently then they are scammers.

Beware of shills that come into they forums plugging a company. They pretend to be satisfied customers or even just curious to lead you to their website.

Don P.
Aug 03, 2016

Renee S.

Last edited by renees225 on Aug 03, 2016 11:21 AM

Aug 10, 2016

Anyone ever heard of Resort Advisors Inc in Knoxville, TN? They are 'supposed' to be able to transfer your ownership for a fee...

Shawna M.
Aug 10, 2016

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract. All they want is your upfront money and then the excuses start flying. They jerk you around until the time runs out for you to dispute the charge on your credit card. Check them out. Ask them for the physical location of their company. Ask them what state they are licensed in and their license number. You will definitely get a run around and if you are naïve enough to send them money you will spend many sleepless nights regretting your decision. If you do send them money please come back to the forum and let us know how much they took you for.

Try calling the resort yourself. Make sure you get in touch with the person that handles the titles. Ask them if they will take it back through a deed back. I got rid of two timeshares in 2011 that way. All it cost me was a minimal amount for filing fees. Some resorts will have you pay the next years maintenance fees to give them time to find another owner. That's a small price to pay to get rid of it. I stated to my resorts that I was going to get rid of my timeshares with or without their assistance and it was in their best interest to work with me. I have been free of maintenance fees for five years now and I didn't get ripped off by a scam company.

Take the time and effort to make the calls and then let us know if you have any luck with them.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Aug 10, 2016 12:46 PM

Aug 10, 2016

I tried calling mine last year and received the info on how and how much it would cost to transfer the deed, but the info they sent said they do not take back or buy back. My husband also has a timeshare from a previous marriage. Both properties are paid off. We just don't wan them anymore and want out from under the maintenance fees.

Shawna M.
Aug 10, 2016

I just called again on my property. It would seem that now they do have a deed back program. For $2277.00 I can be free and clear.

Shawna M.
Aug 10, 2016

That will still be cheaper than any firm that claims it can "cancel" your timeshare. They usually charge upwards of $3000. And if you deal directly with the resort, there will be no fishy, untrusted third party involved.

Lance C.
Aug 11, 2016

I agree with Lance. At least you are dealing directly with the home resort and it's safe. Sometimes you can negotiate a lower fee....it's worth asking. You have to realize that they have to pay the next years maintenance fees and find another owner to take over. Look at how much it costs in fees over the next few years and decide if the one shot payment is worth it to be rid of a lifetime of ever increasing fees and assessments. Please let us know how it works out for you.

Don P.
Aug 11, 2016

Thanks for all the advice. I am going to move forward on mine. Now I have to tackle how to get my husband out of his BlueGreen property with the points thing. I don't know much about it, but they have not been helpful when he called previously about getting a deed back. I will try again for him too though!

Shawna M.
Aug 18, 2016

williamf413 wrote:
I fell on high pressure on a points timeshare about a year ago and realized I made a bad decision because of our health condition which does not allow us to travel anymore and financially I just can't afford it.

Did you consider just not paying anymore? Did you call the resort management and ask them to just take it back?

Stu M.
Aug 19, 2016

Try calling the resort and explaining that you can't afford the payments anymore and you are going to walk away unless they agree to a " deed back ". Explain to them that it's in their best interest to take it back or they will spend thousands of dollars in legal fees and lost maintenance fees just to end up with it anyway. They may ask you to pay the next years maintenance fees to give them time to find another owner and that's a small price to pay to be free of future obligations.

Don P.
Aug 19, 2016

never give money upfront do not know where your t-share is but reed week is the place to sell /rent

Charlene H.
Apr 03, 2020

I want to sell my timeshare. How do I begin?

C. j. W.
Apr 03, 2020

CJW: You will find information on our Full-Service Resale option on this page: Full Service Resales

If you have further questions or need assistance, please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of any page. Thanks!

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jun 10, 2020

Whatever you do avoid Timeshare Compliance. They cost us tens of thousands of dollars and allowed our credit to be ruined. We can no longer get a loan. They have caused us, long, lasting harm. I truly wish we had just kept the timeshare. Be very careful when a company promises to protect your credit. . Be sure to ask lots of questions about your credit. Investigate the company used for credit restoration. We had two they Timeshare complianv and neither one did anything to help. Wish you luck

Debi S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.