Ask RedWeek

verification question

Sep 03, 2016

I am thinking about paying the fee to have a rental I have listed verified. I own a 1br premium. The confirmation says 4 persons maximum but if you call you can confirm that with the 1 br premium you can pay $5 a day for a rollaway bed and then you could have 5. The premium is also more than 300sq ft larger than the deluxe so I need to have the 5 max listed so potential renters will know that my rental is for the larger premium unit. Will the verification go the extra step an call Vistana to verify this information or will it go solely by the confirmation?

Tracey S.
Sep 05, 2016

Tracey,

I ran your question by our Verification Department, and they said in addition to requesting a copy of your reservation confirmation, they will call the resort and confirm your reservation. If the resort confirms it as a “premium 1 bedroom” they will verify it that way. They will add under “verification details” the fact that with an additional fee, the renter can add a rollaway bed.

If you have any further questions, please Contact Us .

Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Sep 07, 2016

Thanks. I think I will still pass. When a potential renter looks at the list of available units all they see is 1 br sleeps 4. They would then have to click on every 1 br sleeps 4 to see which one is the premium 1 br that is larger and has the potential for the extra person. So although I would have the verified notification, I would be lumped in with the smaller units upon first glance. I guess I will just have to trust that someone renting from me can pick up the phone and verify the information themselves rather than relying on the redweek verification label.

Tracey S.
Sep 09, 2016

I got inquiry about my ad in REDWEEK for Dec. 23-30, 7 night ocean front rental at Frenchman Cove. I sent the rental agreement as available on REDWEEK website. I request help with the following:

1. I sent the rental form with all information with my initial and signature to the party inquired about the rental except left the portion blank which tenant has to fill in. Did I make a mistake by mailing the rental agreement with my initial and signature? Pl. advice.

2. Should I request a copy of her drivers license for sake of identity? Pl. advice.

Thanks

Pankaj P.
Sep 09, 2016

Panka -

It's up to you to determine what you feel comfortable with when conducting a private transaction. We offer our recommendations on this page: Private Rental

Please feel free to Contact Us if you have further questions.

Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.