Ask RedWeek

Seasons

Sep 20, 2016

When I look at Redweek's listings, I see them listed as high, medium or low season. However it is meaningless. Because a listing may say high for silver and medium for gold. I would think, you could have a four tier listing system that would be same for all. Bronze is low, Silver is medium. Gold is high and Platinum is Premium or something like that. Not subject based on what person listing the timeshare thinks it should be or trying to get additional looks, just makes me angry and as I have to go through each one to see, and I only want to see one season, not others. I have seen high listed for bronze. Wastes people's time looking at properties they are not interested in. Also I have seen them list a week number like 37, when I investigate further, I find it is not a fixed, just what the time share owner was able to get this year, it isn't a guarantee so that is false advertising.

Mark K.
Sep 20, 2016

Mark -

Thanks for the feedback.

Since all timeshare companies do not use Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze as classifications for seasons, it may be even more confusing for a timeshare owner whose resort does not have these classifications to try and determine which of the four seasons their week falls into.

With a do-it-yourself resale posting, it is up to the individual owner to accurately determine and post what they own. If you find a posting that is blatantly false (week 37 when it is not a fixed week), please Contact Us with the posting number.

RedWeek full-service resale postings have been verified and created by the RedWeek staff, so the season should be accurate on those postings.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to Contact Us .

Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Sep 21, 2016

Right only Marriott I believe uses this. But I only look at the individual Marriott properties, and so there isn't any consistency with it. Which is my complaint. It isn't Redweek, it is the listor of property, and like used car salemen they try to embellish what they have, I get that. What is my issue is that I have to go thru and do investigating, looking at each one, because I cannot rely on the how they present it. Whats the point of even having low medium and high in the listing if it cannot be believed. It should be removed then I am thinking. Wastes my time is my gripe. Most web sites you can navigate and filter to see only information about units I am interested in. It just misleading too. Thanks

Mark K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.