General Discussion

Anyone who has experience with Sapphire Holiday Collection weeks ?

Jun 03, 2017

marinar35 wrote:
They do not accept CC , only debit cards.

If this is true, then the money has certainly already been withdrawn from your bank account and is surely now gone forever. You've been scammed.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jun 03, 2017 09:32 AM

Jun 05, 2017

Dear carmenh72, Interesting. Thanks for that info.

Marina R.

Last edited by marinar35 on Aug 13, 2017 12:33 AM

Jun 06, 2017

I am 90% sure it is a scam...

I bought the package back in Dec 2016. I followed the process and ended up dealing with another company from Panama: aseviggp.com .

None of them are replying back to emails and things are getting worst and worst: at the beginning I called the phone number provided and the only option was to leave a voice mail, they called you back 2-3 days later. Today, not even the voice mail is working. there is not way to contact these people. Their website ("http://sapphireholidaycollection.com/") was created in the Wordpress plataform. you can do it with less than $50... and when you try to book anything using that website, the engine running behind is from another travel agency. As of now, June 6th, this looks like a scam. If I manage to get anything, I will keep this posting updated.

Diego M.
Jun 06, 2017

Thank you for this info.

Marina R.

Last edited by marinar36 on Jul 27, 2017 11:23 AM

Jun 06, 2017

marinar36 wrote:
What if we combine our efforts to submit claim to BBB and Federal Trade committee?

What will the BBB do for you? It might just give SHC a negative report but won't get you your money back.

The Federal Trade Commission might help. It probably wouldn't hurt to file a complaint with them.

Have you thought of filing a complaint with the Attorney-General of the state where SHC is located?

Lance C.
Jun 06, 2017

If anyone already got vouchers, pls. share your experience.

Marina R.

Last edited by marinar36 on Aug 13, 2017 12:39 AM

Jun 08, 2017

Dear Diego, Thank you for sharing.

Marina R.

Last edited by marinar36 on Aug 13, 2017 12:40 AM

Jun 12, 2017

I bought this in December near Buceria. Same thing as others have said. Asevig is a nightmare. I waited the 6 months and now I still have no VIP benefits. No one is calling me back. They keep stringing me along. I charged this on BOA charge and I am in the process of trying to appeal to them. This was definitely too good to be true. so bummed as I have grandkids all over the country and I was hoping for discounted travel. But instead, I guess I got scammed. Mexico has really become a turn off with the pressure from these time shares......

Carol M.
Jun 13, 2017

My contract says I have to wait up to 180 days for VIP Benefits which will be sometime in September. My big gripe with SHS is that VIP Benefits were supposed to include everything EXCEPT accommodations(hotels, condos, resorts). So I was expecting to be able to start booking accommodations when my SHC membership became active in 30 days. Instead, SHC said, "Oh, no, you have VIP Benefits so ALL your requests including accommodations must wait for your "Management Company"(in my case MANAGEMENT TRAVEL SOLUTIONS(MTS, also in Panama) to activate your vouchers." I guess I will find out in September if they are real or a scam. If they are a scam, I suggest we all join together in a class action suit. As a group we may be able to have a law firm take our case on a contingency basis, meaning they take a percentage of what is recovered if we win the case. This will be a little complicated because SHC is based in the USA while the Management Companies seem to be based in Panama. But International law should be effective for fraud. Let's all keep in contact via Red Week and if anyone else has additional info, please contribute to this blog. I would be especially interested in any comments from people that bought this product and ARE getting what was in the contract they signed. Debbieg383, who started this blog, was one of them. Debbie, if you could post an update on your experience since your last post, it would be most appreciated by all.

Bob P.
Jun 13, 2017

My husband and I signed up for this travel VIP package with units for $799 discounted with purchasing more points last week. We paid it in full on our Credit Card and made sure it was invoiced in the United States. So is what I'm hearing that this is sub-contracted to a company in Panama. Has anyone disputed the charges with their credit card company? Sounds too risky to sign another contract to someone that I have not even talked with.

Wendy W.
Jun 13, 2017

Useless. We signed the contract.

Marina R.

Last edited by marinar36 on Aug 13, 2017 12:41 AM

Jun 16, 2017

Dear mariner:

Yes, I am serious and the more people that join us the better.

But I am going to wait until September to see if SHC and the Panamanian "Management Company", Management Travel Services(MTS) deliver on what I contracted for, as my contract says the "VIP Benefits" will take "up to 180 days to become active". That will be in September for me.

Bob P.
Jun 16, 2017

Dear Ken1193:

Do you know anything about Sapphire Holiday Collection(SHC)? It is an American company based in Kansas City, MO

Do you know anything about Management Travel Services(MTS)? They "manage" the voucher accounting and are based in Panama. Researching on line, a lot of travel companies base in Panama because the Panama government gives a lot of tax incentives to encourage travel and business. So a Panamanian travel management company is not necessarily a scam. Do you know anything about MTS specifically? Thank you for anything you might be able to contribute.

Bob P.
Jun 16, 2017

Dear Carolm877:

You posted in January that you would have to wait until April to use your points. So now in June, have you been able to use your points/vouchers? Has it worked smoothly for you.

Thank you for replying as you can see there are a lot of us on this blog that have bought into the program and have to wait up to 180 days to use it. So ANY advice you can give us, positive or negative, would be much appreciated!

Bob P.
Jun 16, 2017

Dear patn108:

You indicated in your post in October 2016 that the program was working for you. Can you tell us if it is still working as you expected?

What is the process for you to exchange your $799 vouchers for travel? Is it complicated and take a long time...or simple and efficient?

Who is your management company? Are you pleased with them??

Someone mentioned on this blog that they were told they could only use 5 vouchers($799 x 5 = ~$4000) per trip. I was told no such restriction and it is not in my contract.

Thanks SO much for your reply about YOUR experience!!!

Bob P.
Jun 17, 2017

bobp245 wrote:
Dear Ken1193:

Do you know anything about Sapphire Holiday Collection(SHC)? It is an American company based in Kansas City, MO

Do you know anything about Management Travel Services(MTS)? They "manage" the voucher accounting and are based in Panama. Researching on line, a lot of travel companies base in Panama because the Panama government gives a lot of tax incentives to encourage travel and business. So a Panamanian travel management company is not necessarily a scam. Do you know anything about MTS specifically? Thank you for anything you might be able to contribute.

I will tell you honestly that despite 30+ years of association with timeshares I have NEVER before even heard of ANY of these entities except in this RedWeek discussion thread. Frankly, based upon what has been described, this entire operation certainly has a very foul aroma to it. I wish those of you involved in it good luck, but this seems to be (at best) a very difficult "product" of very little actual value or (at worst) just a complex, multi-level scam.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jun 22, 2017 03:20 AM

Jun 18, 2017

Thank you for your feedback, Ken.

Bob P.
Jun 21, 2017

Hi everyone,

I would like to share my experience with SHC first of all it did take a while to receive the vouchers up to a point that I was extremely worried it was a scam however, I after receiving my vouchers things have been going well with my bookings. I haven’t been able to use it that much but the times that we did the vouchers were honored.

Debbie G.
Jun 21, 2017

An update to my process: I managed to exchange 2 emails with "ASEVIG GROUP". My 120 waiting days were due in May and they said that the legal department has to check something. By the end of June the weeks should be available. My only problem is that by the end of June is 6 months after the original transaction, precisely the time where the credit card scam protection program expires...

I think I have to wait and see if this is true. It is only 10 more days. I will keep you posted hopefully on the progress or the excuses.

Diego M.
Jun 26, 2017

So if you have purchased and USED your weeks. Will you please post about it. We're getting close to canceling the payment on this purchase. I don't want opinions if this is a scam. I need hard facts. They took your money and you posted a claim with your bank or credit company type of facts, please. I appreciate your time and efforts to keep us up to date with your experience.

Thank you

Ryan C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.