Ask RedWeek

Why isn't there a feature where we can put potential week rentals in a 'wish list' like the rest of the world?

Feb 16, 2017

I like to hit the road for more than a week at a time, 1 week vacations are too short, not worth the trouble...seems like as soon as you get settled in the new area, it's time to pack up and head out of town. Last year I proposed the idea, and it was well received, yet nothing was done, no follow up either. Here's the issue again: when trying to book 2 different resorts back-to-back (making a 2 week vacation with no dead time between) it is difficult to maintain any orderliness, and it is risky to commit to one rental, not knowing if another week before or after will be available. We need a WISHLIST (like Amazon) where we can temporarily place potential rentals and get to them quickly in an effort to gang 2 or more together. I would think the industry would love to offer this feature to members...certainly would increase business! Also, if a week suddenly is not available, a message should be automatically sent to the wishlist...you can see the advantage this yields to planning a greater than one week trip. Let's get this going, folks...I can't see any downside to this idea which is long overdue! I'm sure you can figure out all the winners in this WIN/WIN/WIN/WIN suggestion....you're welcome! LOL

Jerry G.

Last edited by jgira12 on Feb 18, 2017 12:14 PM

Feb 17, 2017

TUG has this option, the only problem is people who put in a wish for a certain resort, once the time frame runs out they never cancel it out. I agree it would be nice, but then there other means in that Red week offers the "for rent option" where you could check it out to see if something is available. Back to back weeks are hard to come by, not that it can't be done.

William P.
Feb 17, 2017

no, no that's not what I mean...I simply want to' park' listings (not reserve them) while I search for second week back to back candidate....trying to gang two 7 night weeks into a 14 day trip. As it is now, I have write down weeks, continue searching and adding to my hand written list...back and forth from computer to notepad. It should all be digitized, like the Amazon Wish List....once I find two 7 day weeks I can gang I may be successful with the 2 owners, but it would all be so much easier if I could list everything on the Redweek site.....

Jerry G.
Feb 18, 2017

Decided to voluntarily delete my input regarding the "like the rest of the world" comment.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Feb 22, 2017 04:38 AM

Feb 18, 2017

LOL! would love to hear it....

Jerry G.
Feb 18, 2017

At one point Redweek had a rentals wanted section but they decided that too many people were bypassing paying for rental ads and simply contacting members posting for rentals. They also had a lot of people who would pretend like they were asking for something but they worded the post to let others know what they had that they wanted to rent so they were using it for free rental ads.

Tracey S.
Feb 19, 2017

Thanks for the thoughtful response. More facts: ebay calls it My Watch List; Amazon offers both a public and private wish list....which would negate work arounds like you mentioned; Wayfair, Overstock, Target, etc all provide a wish list. There is no good reason not to have something similar for time share rentals....btw, do any RedWeek personnel ever see these posts?

Jerry G.
Feb 19, 2017

Redweek definitely monitors the forum and considers all suggestions . Sometimes they are not feasible on their site. Hopefully sometime in the future they can implement your ideas .

Don P.
Feb 20, 2017

Thank you, I wonder how often? Maybe they are on a Redweek vacation? lol

Jerry G.
Feb 20, 2017

jgira -

We did notice your post with the request to add a wish list to our website -- much like our current favorite resorts list, but for postings instead. I forwarded your idea to our website team, and they will be adding it to the list of future enhancements for our website. I cannot give you a timeframe, but it appears your idea will be implemented at some future date.

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your suggestion on improving the usability of our website. If you have any further comments or suggestions, please feel free to Contact Us .

Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Last edited by phyl21 on Feb 20, 2017 09:52 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.