General Discussion

VIDANTA buy there and the joke will be on you.

Aug 01, 2017

What a joke.....had to wait until the 6 months out to book, their rules. Called at 7:00AM, and got picked up 2 minutes after seven and all the units are booked in San Jose Del Cabo. With 100 operators for all the VIDANTA group they booked one whole Grand Mayan in 2 minutes. Really, that is not possible. This is a scam......must have rented the units in advance. Against their rules. I would advise anyone looking to buy a unit with VIDANTA to think real hard. If you like to travel on their dates it might work.

Jim M.

Last edited by jimm1007 on Aug 01, 2017 05:28 AM

Aug 01, 2017

Been on hold for over 37 minutes to talk to customer service. Shop Homeaway.com and find your get away place, stay away from VIDANTA Group.

Jim M.
Aug 01, 2017

holding 45 minutes....customer service.....really.

Jim M.
Aug 01, 2017

I guess once they have your money they can put you on the pay no mind list. I am waiting for the first time, after 7 years to be able to call in and book what we want. Booking at any VIDANTA Group resorts is a pain in the ass

Jim M.
Aug 01, 2017

Well....been on hold now for 1 HOUR!!!!!!!! Now that is truly how you want to handle a member that is not happy, put him on hold for an hour. Just gives me more reasons to type on websites trashing their company.

Jim M.
Aug 01, 2017

Now this fun... went on line and I can book what I want from the Grand Mayan in Cabo direct if I pay. So, if you own you can't get a room but if you want to rent thru the internet you can get a room? WHAT A SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh still on hold 1 hour and 15 minutes.

Jim M.
Aug 01, 2017

Spoke to a VIDANTA Group person on my other line (still on hold 1 hour and 25 min.) All units are sold to a BROKER!!!! to sell on the internet. Now that is all I needed to hear. DO NOT BUY AT VIDANTA GROUP!!!!!!

Jim M.
Aug 08, 2017

After 7days we got contacted by VIDANTA, was told that they only have 25 units and San Jose Del Cabo because of construction. Just remodeled 2 years ago. They want us to work with them on 2019 rental. I would love to sell this unit if I could.

Jim M.

Last edited by phyl21 on Aug 08, 2017 03:54 PM

Jul 16, 2019

Well they did it again. Can't book until Aug. 1st. Went to BRBO and they have 20 units that I can book for my weeks I want in the Grand Mayan in San Jose. Called the help desk and was told the they must have a different contract (that is a new one) that allows them to book in advance. Was told that I had to send a email to get someone to call me from the customer support dept. Well I got a call a min. later from them. Again was told they wanted to make everything good and they would have their "SALES" team call me. I would just warn others to beware of what you buy. We love the grounds and building of Vidanta but the ease of use is a JOKE!

Jim M.
Jul 16, 2019

Well I solved my problem. Booked 2 weeks thru Interval at a better resort for the weeks I wanted. Used 2 banked weeks from another resort and got it done. Vidanta will not get my annual fee again this year either. If I could only find a buyer for this timeshare it would be GONE!

Jim M.
Jul 18, 2019

Still no call from Vidanta "SALES" team. Will keep you posted on results, if any.

Jim M.
Jul 24, 2019

Hey, got a call from the sales team to help me with my problem. Well not really help me. The solution to my problem is to spend $34,000 more and get a one bedroom unit in the Kingdom of the Sun. My fee will only go to $1600. But, I can book any unit anywhere they own a year in advance. I was told that I have a contract unlike the others that bought. They can book a year in advance, so that is why all the rooms are available on BRBO. So if I book thru BRBO I can get the unit and weeks I want for less than my annual fee and still have my $34,000. Thanks Vidanta I think the math works well for me.

Jim M.
Oct 08, 2019

Wow Jim, good luck with your future trips and bookings.

We were members at the Mayan Palace, at Riviera Maya the one with Cirque du Soleil through the tunnel that crosses the street in Cancun. Awesome resort, world class to be sure.

I'll cut to the chase - We loved every second on the property, including the Arnold Palmer golf course (shot 85), but we got out and haven't looked back.

We bought the total dream including The Park (under construction). We signed a 100 year contract. However, after we got home read the fine print and compared what we were told versus what we were sold, we did our research and got out of the ownership end of their property.

Cal B.

Last edited by redweek_support on Oct 08, 2019 02:03 PM

Oct 08, 2019

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract !!!

Don P.
Oct 08, 2019

Hi Jim M. apparently Don P. is responding to any comment that I make on this site. I want to be sure that you understand that I was not trying to steer you or anyone else to a website, or scam you in some way. I truthfully shared with you my personal experience.

Cal B.
Mar 03, 2024

Hello, I am from brazil and by the time we went to Cancun in 2015 the team of the corporation offered a “dream”, that we would be able to reserve any VIDANTA resort that was included on the contract, a total waste of $50,000 and 5 years of monthly payments!! just want the Sales team’s number to get contact with them to understand what we got into and if we will have to sue the company.

Kelvyanne B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.