Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Phase 1 vs phase 2 Harborside Atlantis

Oct 16, 2017

I'm looking for a 2 or 3 bedroom in Harborside but I was told most of these are in phase 2 not phase 1. I heard that phase 2 buildings are not as desirable. Does anyone know what buildings are considered phase 1 vs what buildings are phase 2 and if there are 2 or 3 bedroom ones in phase 1?

Danielle D.
Oct 17, 2017

I own a 2 bedroom lock out, fixed week 14 in Phase 1.

Lincoln T.
Oct 17, 2017

We own a phase 1, 2 bedroom lockoff villa. We are ultra premium week 18. We are not a floating unit. We are a fixed top floor unit overlooking the pool, the harbor of Nassau and The Point outdoor restaurant. My information is that Phase 1 units are farthest away from the Nassau bridge and are closest to The Point restaurant in the harbor.

JoAnn C.
Oct 18, 2017

There are no 3 BR units in phase 1. Phase 1 units are fixed although they can float withing their season from 10 months - 8 months. At 8 months, units open to everyone with star options. Phase 1 has better views. Don't buy a week in phase 1 that you can't use regularly because floating is difficult and prime phase 1 owners often don't release their weeks to float, they use them or rent them out.

http://vistana-web-static.s3.amazonaws.com/vistana-web/destinations/maps/hra-resort-map.pdf buildings 1, 2 and 7 are phase 1 buildings 3.4.5.6 are phase 2

Phase 2 float within the season starting at 12 months so at exactly 12 months all phase 2 owners of that season have equal chance to book the best units.

Tracey S.
Jul 16, 2019

Looking at the secondary market to purchase a 2 Br unit and keep finding Phase 1. Problem is I have 3 children and would use it during Presidents week Easter Vacation and the like. How difficult is it to switch weeks? The fixed week we are considering is in the Platinum Period just dont want to purchase and not be able to get the weeks we need.

Dennis C.
Jul 16, 2019

You should be able to find a platinum plus 2br phase 2 week and if you are online midnight 12 months prior, you shouldn't have a problem getting what you want (christmas and new year may be a problem because half of the phase 2 units sold those weeks as event weeks. . Phase 1 float during the more popular times during the season could be challenging. I wouldn't buy a fixed week phase 1 unless you want that fixed week more than half of the time.

Tracey S.
Feb 21, 2024

Are all 3bedroom that i would rent from redweek in pase 2. are they recommended for a family of 9?

Janet K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.