Ask RedWeek

RedWeek Rental Services Costs

Nov 05, 2017

Is the "Payment Protection" cost in the "Verified and Protected" option the same as the "Full Service Rental" cost? I understand the "Verification" cost is $18.95, but nowhere is an explanation of whether the Payment Protection is separate from the Full Service Rental service or available only a part of that service?

The "Full Service Rental" cost is $79.99 up front and then an additional $99 plus 3% of the rental rate if rented. Why the flat fee plus a commission rate at the end? If the rental in Maui is $4000, the total fee is $300 (rounded), correct?

Terry F.
Feb 17, 2018

Is credit card the only payment option with the full service? Thx.

Elizabeth M.
Feb 17, 2018

Liz,

Yes -- full service postings have RedWeek Payment Protection, which means we take the payment by credit card. The renter pays the processing fee, based on the rental price, or a minimum of $50.

If you have any further questions, please Contact Us.

Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Last edited by phyl21 on Oct 12, 2022 07:31 PM

Feb 20, 2018

phyl21 wrote:
Liz,

Yes -- full service postings have RedWeek Payment Protection, which means we take the payment by credit card. The renter pays the processing fee, which is currently 5% of the rental price, or a minimum of $50.

If you have any further questions, please Contact Us.

Phyllis

So 3 months ago it was $79 upfront and $99 when rented plus 3% which payed the credit card fee. Now it is $79 upfront and $99 when rented plus the renter pays an additional 5% or $50 (whichever is greater) as a processing fee?

Tracey S.
Feb 20, 2018

Tracey - that is correct. Since starting up the full-service rental option we have made changes to help the entire process flow smoother. One of the changes was to the payment processing system. So instead of the owner paying the processing fee, the renter now pays a fee of 5% of the rental price or $50 minimum. The posting fee of $79 and rental fee of $99 remain the same for the owner.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jun 24, 2018

What is the cost of using just the "RedWeek Payment Protection" plan.

I do not see the fee on their website.

Norman A.
Jun 24, 2018

norman211 - As an owner it costs you nothing to use RedWeek payment protection. As a renter, you pay 5% of the rental fee, or $50 minimum.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Oct 12, 2022

What is the difference between verified and verified and protected

Glenn D.
Oct 12, 2022

Verified isn't using redweek payment service. It is considered protected because redweek holds the money until after the renter checks in.

Tracey S.
Nov 15, 2022

I find that the majority of rentals are Redweek Verified. Rarely is a Verified and Protected unit rented. I have two “protected” listings and in the future I will not use the Verified and Protected postings.

Sheila S.
Nov 15, 2022

Once the week has been rented, the "Protected" notation is automatically removed from the posting. So the vast majority of the rentals you see as "Rented," and now only have the "Verified" notation, have been made with RedWeek Online Booking

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Nov 18, 2022

If a person had 3 weeks of time share to rent can the 3 separate rentals be done under the 1 basic fee or do you have to pay 3 fees to put up the 3 weeks of rentals. Thank you

Sharon M.
Nov 18, 2022

If you have three consecutive weeks at the same resort, you could use one posting. The dates on your resort's reservation must match the posting dates exactly if you plan to use the full-service rental option or RedWeek verification, so you would need one reservation from your resort with all three weeks on it.

If your weeks are not consecutive or at the same resort, then you would need a posting for each week.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Dec 10, 2022

What is current processing fee paid by a renter? Looking at listings it seems to be about 10%. That's about double from previous fee.

mw
Dec 12, 2022

Since when have the listings that are Red week verified been displayed after ALL the verified and protected listings. So verified and protected are displayed through 2024 and only at the end of ALL those listings are others shown. So if someone is currently searching for a unit say in March 23 it wont be displayed until after the Verified and protected listings through 2024. That means it is going to be very hard to rent your unit. I couldn't find my posting until customer service replied to me to scroll through to the end not of that week but of 2 years later to see the listing. This is awful.

Caroline L.
Feb 26, 2023

Renting through Redweek has become very disappointing because of the surcharges imposed on the renter. The up-front listing price is more like a come-on, with a substantially higher final price for services I do not want. This has ruined the experience. If I am tempted to rent, I will only offer the listing price, and the seller will have to swallow the added amount, if he/she is going to rent to me. I will go back to looking at listings on other websites as well, dealing directly with the owner of the week (such as TUG).

Peter H.
Feb 27, 2023

I was contacted 24 hrs ago by the renter that she gave Redweek all her info to rent my unit and yet my listing still appears available and neither of us have heard from Redweek. Why is Redweek so lax in responding? I could rent my unit with one of the other services I am listed on in the meantime.

Deb S.
Feb 27, 2023

Yes this is a change they made in 2022 and Redweek didn't bother to tell us this when they took our money. No advance notice at all. I complained bitterly and they apologized, but I will not advertise with them anymore after doing so for 10 years. I am going to go with TUG since they are more straightforward and honest in pricing policy. I really feel like Redweek's new policies are to nickle and dime both the renters and the rentees.

Deb S.
Nov 04, 2023

As a renter, I was charged a $349 ‘Rental Service Fee’ on a $3,600 rental. Can anyone explain what that fee covers?

Jacquelyn K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.