Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Renting Sunday to Sunday

Dec 03, 2017

I was able to buy plane tickets for a time period of Sunday to Sunday at a more reasonable rate then I was finding for a Saturday-Saturday stay. What is the best way to obtain a rental for this time period? I am running into difficulty as most owners say they rent only Sat-Sat.?

Kristin L.
Dec 03, 2017

kristinl147 wrote:
I was able to buy plane tickets for a time period of Sunday to Sunday at a more reasonable rate then I was finding for a Saturday-Saturday stay. What is the best way to obtain a rental for this time period? I am running into difficulty as most owners say they rent only Sat-Sat.?

Timeshare weeks are defined and determined by each individual resort and NOT by the interval owners at any given resort.

95+ percent of timeshare weeks ("points" reservations aside; an entirely separate matter) are "Saturday to Saturday". There are some (but not too many) places that have deeded "Friday to Friday" weeks. The only (deeded, non points) "Sunday to Sunday" weeks I've EVER heard of are timeshare weeks within the Hyatt system. In fact, I am renting just such a "Sunday to Sunday" week directly from a Hyatt owner for use in Florida in March, 2018.

With all due respect, it would be wiser to find and confirm a rental BEFORE buying airline tickets, rather than the other way around. It is entirely possible that you will not be able to find a "Sunday to Sunday" timeshare reservation to rent at your travel destination.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 08, 2017 04:29 AM

Dec 07, 2017

I'm rent out and a points owner @Holiday Inn Vacation Club system and Sunday to Sunday is no problem. Actually starting any day of the week , and can be longer than 7 nights or shorter stays.

Problem is that the most desirable stays to reserve is Sat to Sat. for most. I can reserve these at a 10 month window and have to guess what somebody might want so I would pick a Sat to Sat stay most always.

So hooking up with somebody that can reserve what you want well in advance is very important to get exactly what you need.

Good luck Dave

Dave
Apr 14, 2024

There are a LOT of timeshares that go Sunday to Sunday. I own 14 timeshare weeks, and 9 of them start on Sundays.

Steve K.
Apr 27, 2024

I am planning to rent a week , two 2 bedroom suite in marriot aruba, we want to be together, how can i get the two suits in the same floor?

Clara P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.