Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Luxury Resort Group out of Orlando aka "notimesharefees.com"

Jan 02, 2018

I got an unsolicited email from this company offering to buy my Interval banked week or week I am trying to rent myself. Its a fair deal in my opinion. They don't pay full amount. Contract reads 50% in 30 days; balance in 60 days.

Is this a legit business? Anyone else get emails and investigate them?

Michael T.
Jan 02, 2018

miket468 wrote:
I got an unsolicited email from this company offering to buy my Interval banked week or week I am trying to rent myself. Its a fair deal in my opinion. They don't pay full amount. Contract reads 50% in 30 days; balance in 60 days.

Is this a legit business? Anyone else get emails and investigate them?

Never heard of them, but the fact that you received an unsolicited contact would seem to be a huge red flag in and of itself. Also, you may or may not be aware that you cannot rent out or sell "banked" weeks anyhow. To do so is plainly against the Interval (and also RCI) terms and conditions of membership. If caught, your "exchange" reservation would be cancelled outright and your exchange company membership could be suspended or terminated.

I would frankly be very suspicious about this unsolicited contact from an obscure, unknown entity and I would be strongly inclined to believe that it is just another scam operation of one flavor or another. I would recommend having nothing whatsoever to do with them.

P.S. The ONLY reviews you will find for this obscure and unknown outfit are on THEIR OWN web site! That observation alone should give you cause for serious concern and doubts.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 03, 2018 12:17 PM

Apr 04, 2018

We had an agreement, they paid

J L.

Last edited by jacquel8 on Apr 28, 2019 06:15 PM

Apr 22, 2018

@jacquel8 I was looking to rent through these guys for a week, but your comment has me concerned. Did you ever get this issue resolved with them?

Jennifer C.
Apr 22, 2018

I don't know about these folks.

But there does seem to be at least one legit business that does this.

I posted about them and you can see it if you scroll down a few topics.

The firm I dealt with is either "stayPC" or "the vacation crew".

They may not be an Orlando type group - maybe more a ski group.

I was able to negotiate successfully with these people.

If concerned try insisting on 100% of your money up front. I did and they agreed.

Good Luck.

Michael T.
May 10, 2018

Resolution is promised, just slow. I understand there was a non payment of a client that made it hard to pay me. I am hopeful I will be paid in full soon.

J L.
Sep 26, 2018

I have used them, they paid some of the amount and are still owing money, beware, if you want to do business with them ask them to pay 100% up front, if not prepare to get frustrated and lose money. They owe me a lot of money and they are not responding, beware Jay who is the one in charge.

Oswaldo S.

Last edited by oswaldos3 on Sep 26, 2018 07:54 AM

Oct 24, 2018

Do NOT deal with this company. "Luxury Resort Goup in Orlando". (There are legit companies on here that have the name Luxury in them, this one is not so dont be confused). I rented a week from them about 5 months before I was traveling to Hawaii. I called confirmed that it was in my name twice & sent them the money in full through paypal. 3 weeks before I was set to leave, I called to reconfirm & my name was no longer on the reservation. Hotel couldn't do anything about it because they said the owner got it through interval & they would have to change it back to my name. I contacted Jay & he said he would fix the mistake and for me to not worry about it he had time to fix it and "why was I freaking out it was 3 weeks until I leave". (Sorry PAL! When someone takes my money and lies...I tend to freak out!). His first excuse.. he had to wait until is partner was in back in town to fix it. OK, so I waited 5 days. 2nd excuse..he & his partner found the problem & are trying to get a hold of the owner but they arent answering him & for me to relax. 3rd excuse... he found me a replacement unit but the person is in hawaii & he is waiting for them to send the confirmation number. (Now its a week & half until I leave for Hawaii..). He finally agrees he will refund my money because he can not replace my unit. So I have to rush around to find another unit on redweek a week before we leave & spend double because he hasnt refunded my money yet. (Luckily I had the means to do that..some people dont!). Finally after my husband & I sending him messages everyday.. he says he cant refund my money back to paypal because of tax reasons & so I suggest Zelle through the bank. (They allow $500 a day transfers so I was willing to let him pay me back $500 a day until the balance was paid in full). He kept using the excuse that his "assistant" was going to send the money or he was on a flight to china and didnt get the messages. Etc.. evveryday there was a new excuse. Finally he sent me some of my payments but I had to hound him everyday. (He actually replied back to me saying he didnt need a reminder when I didn't receive my payments... apparently he DID because after that reply I didnt recieve a payment for 3 days! ). As of right now.. I am sitting on my balcony in hawaii & he STILL owes me the last of my money. Yesterday my husband texted him & said to please send the remaining balance & his replay was..." what are you missing meals or something?! I'm in Thailand & will have my assistant do it". So I recommend You DO NOT use this company. Imagine if I didnt call the hotel 3 weeks out to confirm for a final time, my family and I would have showed up in Hawaii with no place to stay!! I think he probably buys points or weeks from owners, spends the money he gets from renters on his lifestyle & has to float money around to fix what he has done. He goes by jay smith or Corey smith. His assistant is Tami Phillips. He has several different email adresses. He is a scammer, Im just lucky I got most of my money back.

Lori L.

Last edited by vhines on Oct 25, 2018 07:12 AM

Oct 24, 2018

I just went back to my original email from him when I booked my unit & clicked on the posting link. He has recycled that post and has a new unit availble for rent but is now going by "love to travel guy". He kept telling me he never has problems & mine was his first. After reading this thread..I dont think I'm the first & he has a D rating on better business bureau. My legitimate Assistant has found out a lot about this shady character... I wish I had her do this before I sent him money.

Lori L.
Oct 25, 2018

Hi Lori,

Our Customer Service team is reaching out to the member to ask that they resolve the matter with you. Please know that while we can never vouch for any member, if you email in to Customer Service, we are always happy to advise how long someone has been a member and if they have had any fraud complaints.

We always advise that the best way to ensure a safe transaction on a Do-It-Yourself rental is to use a vacation rental escrow service. More information can be found at:

http://www.redweek.com/resources/rental_process/escrow/

You can also look for select postings that offer RedWeek Payment Protection, which offers secure, online credit card payment processing, includes a double verification of your reservation (key details of the unit are verified when posted, and a second verification after you book to ensure the owner has placed the reservation in your name). And lastly, your funds are held until just after your check-in date to ensure you get what you paid for.

We hope you're having a wonderful vacation!

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Oct 25, 2018

Thanks, He just sent the remaining balance to us. My guess is he saw this post. Next time I will definitely use the escrow service.

Lori L.
Oct 25, 2018

no comment

J L.

Last edited by jacquel8 on Apr 28, 2019 06:16 PM

Oct 26, 2018

I emailed him on all of his email addresses. Plus my husband found his phone number & called but he didnt answer so he sent a text to his phone. He did respond to my husband & most of my emails. You probably have to pester him everyday. It kinda became a joke with us..what excuse is that Jay guy going to make next time. I called one of them., I said He was going to use the hurricane they had as an excuse even though he was in Orlando...sure enough.. that was one of them (He had internet to email me back..but not to go on his bank & transfer me my money??? Haha) I think he finally sent the last payment because I sent an email to Redweek customer service & they contacted him. Try that.

Lori L.
Oct 26, 2018

Hi JL,

Please email in to support@redweek.com with the details and our team will follow up with them and ask that they work things out with you.

Thanks for being a part of RedWeek.com!

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Oct 29, 2018

Lori L. Did you post or use RedWeek when you had an agreement with Jay? Not sure RedWeek Customer Support will help me. Would you be able to share Jay's phone number with me? I have feeling like our situation is hopeless. I have been pretty pesty but no results since January 2018 : ( thank you, Jacque

J L.
Sep 29, 2019

Anybody heard from Jay or Tami at Luxury Resort Group this year? They have quit answering my emails. Any suggestions? Phone number would be helpful. Any information would be most helpful. thank you

J L.
Sep 30, 2019

JL, Sorry to hear but not shocked. He will contact me like every 3 months telling me to remove my above comment or he will contact his lawyer. I told him to stop bullying me. I had posted his emails above but redweek removed them because its against their policy. Have you tried a google search with all his names & the company name located in Florida. I recall it was near Orlando. Try the first name Corey as well.

Lori L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.