General Discussion

time share rental co. Corporate Time Share Network

Jan 13, 2018

Has anyone ever used "Corporate Time Share Network" to rent their time share? Paid them a 1 time fee 1 1/2 years ago and they have never been able to rent my time share. They always say it's still listed ,working on etc. call back in 3 months. Feel scammed. Call BB? Call credit card co.? Any thoughts? Thank you "turnip" from truck.

Carol S.
Jan 13, 2018

Your money is lost and gone forever so you can call it Clementine . It's just a SCAM to get your upfront money . Take it as a life lesson . NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can rent or sell your timeshare !!

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Jan 13, 2018 08:58 AM

Jan 13, 2018

Sorry to say Don is spot on, with your monies are just gone. Be thankful you are not inundated with calls from them for more money. If in fact the payment from your card was one and half yrs. ago, the credit card co. won't be able to help. Placing an complaint with the BBB, probably won't help either because they are obligated to investigate, provide an opportunity for rebuttal. The only good thing is that there would be a complaint showing on there record, that should someone else would have an opportunity to see, should they have enough sense to check them out before jumping in the pond. Sad to say that as Don and others have said time and time again, " never give monies up front to anyone".

William P.
Jan 15, 2018

carols975 wrote:
Has anyone ever used "Corporate Time Share Network" to rent their time share? Paid them a 1 time fee 1 1/2 years ago and they have never been able to rent my time share. They always say it's still listed, working on etc. call back in 3 months. Feel scammed. Call BB? Call credit card co.? Any thoughts?

I will echo the input already offered; you have unfortunately fallen for a scam and whatever money you paid to those parasites is now gone forever.

You frankly have no legal recourse. You chose to pay upfront money for a "listing" which few people will ever even see. The parasites have undoubtedly provided that "listing" (...somewhere, useless though it may be, probably on a tiny, home grown web site). By posting that "listing", they have "fulfilled" their ONLY obligation even though that "listing", wherever it may be, will never be of any benefit to you.

This is actually a relatively common scam, practiced by many such parasites for some years now. Most used to be based in Florida, but many of them moved their operation to other (often mid-western) states, to avoid the scrutiny and attention of aggressive Florida authorities. What they do is certainly very unethical, but not quite illegal (they HAVE provided a "listing" SOMEWHERE), but their so-called "listing services" are nonetheless thoroughly useless and completely ineffective.

It's much too late to file a credit card dispute (a year and a half after the transaction, which you once authorized as valid). Also, BBB is a powerless paid membership organization with NO legal authority whatsoever. You can file a formal BBB complaint which may serve to warn others, but aside from that, BBB is a waste of time. You can just color that money GONE, with a costly lesson learned.

I'm not sure why you thought that someone else could do a better job of renting out your timeshare than you could accomplish entirely on your own. I have done so on numerous different occasions over the years with NO "third party middleman" involvement EVER. You can advertise a rental on RedWeek at minimal cost, you can advertise on Craigslist for free, you can use the Timeshare Users Group to advertise a rental. Another potential advertising site is MyResortNetwork.com.

I am sorry for your financial loss, but ponying up money to some unknown, obscure and completely useless bunch of parasites was an unfortunate mistake that you would be wise and prudent to avoid ever repeating again in the future.

I'm sure that NONE of this input is what you wanted to hear, but it is nonetheless completely truthful and entirely accurate --- with no sugar coating applied.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 16, 2018 12:39 PM

Jan 15, 2018

Inadvertent duplicate of the post directly above voluntarily deleted.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 16, 2018 10:23 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.