Jan 30, 2018

Does anyone know of any timeshare in the HILTON HEAD ISLAND AREA preferably Barony Beach by Marriott or GRande Ocean that allows a 10 lb dog for a week? he is extremely trained and i would love to bring him with us.. we dont leave him alone AT ALL for extended periods of time.. My husband is extremely OCD when it comes to him.. if anyone can direct me that would be great.. thinking of these two clubs because i like the pools, location , beach, and the water slide at barony looks perfect for my kids.

Eva R.
Jan 30, 2018

evar40 wrote:
Does anyone know of any timeshare in the HILTON HEAD ISLAND AREA preferably Barony Beach by Marriott or GRande Ocean that allows a 10 lb dog for a week? he is extremely trained and i would love to bring him with us.. we dont leave him alone AT ALL for extended periods of time.. My husband is extremely OCD when it comes to him.. if anyone can direct me that would be great.. thinking of these two clubs because i like the pools, location , beach, and the water slide at barony looks perfect for my kids.

Very few timeshare properties allow pets of any kind on the property at any time. Legitimate service animals, such as guide dogs for the blind are allowed by law, but mere "pets" are NOT allowed. Even if providing "emotional support", pets are NOT service animals in the eyes of the law / ADA and can be lawfully prohibited. Species or size or level of training are all completely irrelevant issues regarding pets being outright prohibited on a timeshare property.

Aside and apart from the safety, hygiene and liability issues, a huge concern at any timeshare property is the prospect of exposing people with allergies to the residual effects of animals past or present. Bear in mind that there are 50 different sets of occupants in any and every timeshare unit in the course of a year. NONE of those occupants should EVER have to be involuntarily subjected to animal dander or any other "knowingly and willfully introduced" allergens, including cigarette smoke. I love dogs and have always had them, but when I go to a timeshare, they go to a kennel or to stay with a relative. Pets simply have NO place on ANY timeshare property at ANY time, in my personal opinion.

All that aside, in regard to the specific properties you mention, why not just pick up the phone and call those resorts directly, getting a verified, current answer in 30 seconds or less right from the horses's mouth? Policies can change, but I believe that no Marriott timeshare property anywhere allows pets. Good on 'em!

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 31, 2018 04:31 AM

Jan 30, 2018

ok ken... it was a simple question-- several hotels around HHI that take pets and charge a cleaning fee non refundable etc etc. there are lots of timeshares that take pets also was wondering if anyone knew first hand, that's the whole purpose of this forum.. i did speak to people at red week and they directed me.. so THANK YOU !

Eva R.
Jan 30, 2018

If you found one or ones that do take pets- post it. I am not aware of any on HHI that do. I know none of the Marriotts allow pets. While I am not interesting in bringing a pet it is an often asked question on the forums so there is definitely an interest by some pet owners to bring their pets to various timeshares.

Tracey S.
Jan 30, 2018

Hi evar40,

The Timeshare User Group (TUG) website has a listing of pet friendly timeshares:

http://tug2.net/timeshare_advice/pet-friendly-timeshares.html

Here’s a thread about Hilton Head and dogs:

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/hilton-head-time-shares-that-allow-dogs.255480/#post-2000714

If you want to know if the resorts on Hilton Head Island take pets it might be best to call the individual timeshares you are interested in.

Carol P.

Last edited by carolp491 on Jan 31, 2018 02:49 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.