Ask RedWeek

Giving timeshare back to Wyndham/Ovation while listed with Redweek

Feb 01, 2018

I paid Redweek to advertise my Wyndham Timeshares (4). Nothing is happening, and they have been listed for over 6 months. Can I turn them back over to Wyndham thru Ovation and not be penalized by Redweek? Ginger

Gingerbread
Feb 01, 2018

Ginger -

You can request to have your posting deactivated at any time without any penalty.

Please Contact Us if you need further assistance.

Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Feb 01, 2018

First, it's not a given that Wyndham will take your unit back. But, assuming Wyndham does accept it, then there is no penalty from RedWeek other than losing what you paid for advertising (if you consider that a "penalty"). You would just have to alter your RedWeek listing and show it as "Sold".

Lance C.
Feb 01, 2018

Please deactivate my deed 12-8603420, deed 12-8319126 and 12-8601655 all at Fairfield Bay, Arkansas.

Keep the one unit being advertised (#12-8705829). I want to turn 3 in thru Ovation/Wyndham, and keep one advertised w. Redweek for now.

Gena M. English and Clarence E. English "Ginger"

Gingerbread
Feb 01, 2018

clarence86 wrote:
Please deactivate my deed 12-8603420, deed 12-8319126 and 12-8601655 all at Fairfield Bay, Arkansas.

Keep the one unit being advertised (#12-8705829). I want to turn 3 in thru Ovation/Wyndham, and keep one advertised w. Redweek for now.

Have you already conclusively established directly with Wyndham that they will, in fact, accept ANY of your deeds back via Ovation? That would be the appropriate first step if you are genuinely interested in "deedback" via Ovation.

Pursuing giving EVERYTHING back to Wyndham via their Ovation program may be your least expensive and most efficient course of action, assuming that Wyndham will even accept your particular deeds back via "Ovation" at all in the first place. After six months, you have by now surely discovered the unfortunate reality that no one is likely to pay you ANY money in the resale market for any or all of your Wyndham deeds, no matter how long you advertise them. Not to mention that even if you did find a willing new recipient, Wyndham will then impose a $299 "transfer fee" *PER DEED*, whereas there is NO "out of pocket" cost for "deedback" via Ovation (again, assuming that your particular deeds would be accepted into Ovation at all, which only Wyndham itself can definitively tell you).

You may well have to make YOUR OWN modifications to your existing RedWeek ad. I'm not sure that RedWeek personnel will do that FOR you, but I could be mistaken. In any case, good luck, but don't hold onto any unfounded and false hope that there is a willing buyer out there for ANY of your Wyndham deeds. Truth be told, that is not at all likely, as your deeds have no resale value.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Feb 03, 2018 07:34 AM

Feb 01, 2018

clarence86 wrote:

Gena M. English and Clarence E. English "Ginger"

I agree with Ken's suggestion that you first verify with Ovation/Wyndham that they will accept your timeshares. If you find you are able to turn them back to Wyndham, then please contact us directly (support@redweek.com) and we can remove these full-service resale postings.

Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Feb 02, 2018

Wyndham Ovation told me that right now, they will accept my Fairfield Bay, Arkansas Deeds through Ovation. I will contact you directly and ask that you remove three full-service resale ads. Keep one still going, (#12-8705829). Thanks.

Gena English Clarence E. English

Gingerbread

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.