Ask RedWeek

Posting Shows Verified As “ Pending”

Feb 10, 2018

I posted my timeshare to be rented a few weeks back and also sent in my confirmation for the week posted. Why does the posting still show the Verification as “Pending”?

Thanks, Marty D.

Martin A.
Feb 10, 2018

Marty -

We have been getting many requests for posting verifications and are working hard to keep up. Some resorts take longer, as they are more difficult to reach to confirm all the information. We typically handle the verifications in the order they were received.

Thank you for your patience and please contact us directly (support@redweek.com) if you have any further questions or need assistance.

Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Feb 17, 2018

Thank you for your reply. Does this mean that potential renters cannot view the posting until it is verified?

Martin A.
Feb 17, 2018

Your posting is visible on our website, but will not have the "Verified" flag until the reservation details have been confirmed with the resort. If you have any further questions, please Contact Us directly (support@redweek.com)

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Feb 26, 2018

We have been waiting over 2 weeks for our listing to be verified. Redweek Customer service is non-existent and has not responded to repeated requests for a status. It seems interesting that the ones Redweek "fully" represents and collects the money for are verified instantly vs. owners that do not opt for the full service listing.

Anyone else having a problem with this?

Laura & Robert L.
Feb 27, 2018

Hello Rob, We apologize for the delay and the inconvenience this may have caused. This is our busiest time of the year and we are experiencing an usual high number of requests. We are verifying the postings in the order they are received. We will get yours verified as soon as possible and will send you a confirmation email. Thanks, Lorna- Full Service Manager.

Lorna Q.
RedWeek.com
Feb 27, 2018

I suggest you change your site to say verification takes 7-21 days. not 7-10 as you are selling a service with an expectation that you are unable to meet. In legal terms that can be considered fraud.

I personally feel "harmed" by it as it took substantially longer than expected and we likely missed opportunities to rent as a result. Why is it I can get a response on the forum in one day but not from support? It took 6 days to get a reply. The clock is always ticking on a listing.

We are not off to a good start.

Laura & Robert L.
Feb 27, 2018

I don't in any way represent RedWeek; I am just a paying member. That said, I will note that when I placed a rental ad on RedWeek last year, it was actually my own resort (not RedWeek) that delayed my ad becoming "RedWeek verified", by being slow to provide the owner information confirmation to RedWeek.

I will also note that ads being "RedWeek verified" is actually a relatively new feature. In numerous prior years, before "RedWeek verified" even existed at all, I had no difficulty renting out my advertised week. In short, while "RedWeek verified" may give some prospective tenants more comfort and confidence, it is certainly not an absolute necessity to successfully conduct a rental.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Feb 27, 2018 05:35 PM

Feb 27, 2018

Hello Rob, Thank you for your feedback. Again, we apologize for the delay. As previously mentioned, we are experiencing an unusual high number of requests in addition to being our busiest time of the year. We indicate it can take 7-10 business days. Your posting took 12 business days to get verified due to the high number of requests. We wish you the very best in renting your unit. Thanks!

Lorna Q.
RedWeek.com
Aug 18, 2018

I have rented from Redweek several times and this time, elected to pick a Redweek Verified listing, thinking by paying more, it will be a smooth transaction. My rental was accepted but it’s been two weeks and my rental is still ‘pending’ waiting for the owner to transfer the name on the rental. I’ve sent three emails to Redweek requesting status, closure, follow up. No response. This is a week trip to Oahu and I can’t book flights until this is resolved. So the extra couple hundred for Redweek Verified support is a waste of money.

Katherine L.
Aug 18, 2018

Yes, as a matter of fact, I am stuck in pending for two weeks and no resolution or response from Redweek, for the last several days. They take the money transfer and, done. Not worth going with a verified listing,

Katherine L.
Aug 18, 2018

katherinel86 wrote:
I am stuck in pending for two weeks and no resolution or response from Redweek, for the last several days. They take the money transfer and, done. Not worth going with a verified listing,

I respectfully disagree. Have you considered the distinct possibility that it may be your resort (not RedWeek) that is responsible for the delay, by the resort not being responsive in a timely manner to RedWeek's request to them for ownership verification?

Waiting to be "RedWeek verified" does not prevent your listing from being viewed in the meantime. Some (many?) don't particularly care about the "RedWeek verified" status in the first place, and will respond anyhow if genuinely interested. Just sayin'...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 18, 2018 11:41 AM

Aug 18, 2018

It is not my resort; I am responding to a verified listing as a renter. Redweek takes the rental money but doesn’t have any way to require the renter to do what they are suppose to do; in my case, change the rental to my name. They get to do so whenever they feel like it? Why say that this will happen in days if it is weeks? If Redweek verified, Redweek should see the entire transaction through, not do nothing once they get the funds.

Katherine L.
Aug 20, 2018

Hello Katherine, My name is Lorna and I'm The Full Service Manager for RedWeek.com. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. In reviewing the communication, I see we advised you when you rented the unit that the owner was going to be out of town until 8/16. Because the owner was out of the country, they were not able to promptly contact the resort to your name as a guest. This is completely out of RedWeek's control. Unfortunately, the resort will not allow RedWeek to add a guest's name on behalf of the owner. Our team has followed up with the owner numerous times. The owners are back in town and they have assured us they will add your name today. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and we hope you have a great vacation!

Lorna Q.
RedWeek.com
Aug 20, 2018

Lorna, My rental was accepted August 7th. The owner has said since August 16th, that they will take care of this, 'first thing tomorrow morning'. It is now the 20th. Paying more for Redweek Verified, which claims to see the transaction through, doesn't do anything as you are not resolving this issue. Redweek contacting the owner is no different than if I contacted the owner myself - so what value does Redweek Verified provide if all you do is ask? There is no penalty for delay, no incentive on their side to complete this transaction. The owner arbitrarily decides IF and when, they will finish the transaction. Meanwhile, I cannot make any flight arrangements, or lock down on activities. The owner has a disregard, for the other party, and at this point has no intention of doing this. So, like I said in my note, if not completed by end of day, 5pm today - swap my reservation with another Redweek Verified listing.

Katherine L.
Aug 20, 2018

Hello Katherine,

Unfortunately, RedWeek is unable to add a guest's name on behalf of the owner. The owner emailed us over the weekends stating they didn't get back home until Saturday. Owner Services is not opened over the weekend so they had to wait until today to request the name change. We regret to hear you are not satisfied with our service. Please understand, this is out of our control. Our staff has been following up with the owner as well as updating you that the owner was out of the country. As per my last email to you, the owner requested the name change this morning. We are waiting for Marriott to update the change in their system to provide you with an updated reservation. The owner asked us to send you their apologies for the inconvenience they have caused and they hope you enjoy your vacation. Lorna

Lorna Q.
RedWeek.com

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.