Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

timeshare renting questions

Feb 16, 2018

Looking to rent time share for first time. After reading as much as I can. What is the best way to confirm the seller/or owner is the actual owner of the current timeshare. I tried to call the hotel and they said they could not do this Any help would be appreciated. also Is paypal a safe way to pay for something like this ??

John M.
Feb 16, 2018

Try this link:

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/sticky-how-to-verify-that-a-rental-is-legit-when-you-are-the-renter.109479/

And Pay Pal is usually a recommended way of paying. Many owners actually like this.

Lance C.
Feb 17, 2018

John,

Any posting marked as "RedWeek verified" means we have confirmed all the details of the reservation with the resort. If renting a posting that is not verified, you will find answers to your questions on these pages:

Payment Method Comparison

Stay Safe

If you need further assistance, please Contact Us.

Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Mar 14, 2018

I have paid a deposit of 50% and received the timeshare week confirmation under my name. Do I pay the balance now or upon check-in? This is my first time renting through Redweek and I am not as familiar with the standard transaction checks & balances

Claudia Q.
Mar 14, 2018

Claudia - If you are renting directly from an owner, you will find the recommended steps in our Resources section: Private Rental Process

You should have a rental agreement in place that stipulates when payments are to be made, but the final payment is made prior to check in.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Last edited by phyl21 on Mar 14, 2018 12:23 PM

Apr 28, 2019

I’m looking to get a rental week as a wedding gift for my son. Do you know if I would be able to pay for it , but have the reservation in my sons name? Is this something I could have in the rental agreement?

Thank you, Marie H

Hansenmm

Last edited by marieh226 on Apr 28, 2019 04:11 PM

Apr 29, 2019

Marie H.: If you are using RedWeek payments, the agreement will be done under your account and the rental agreement will also be under your name. However, you can then add your son’s name under the guest information.

If you have further questions, please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
May 04, 2019

How do I know if the final cost is what's listed on the advertisement? Are there usually additional taxes/fees associated? I want to figure out if the cost is do-able prior to joining as a member. Thanks

Tiffany S.
May 04, 2019

Tiffany S.: Typically the rental price posted is all that you would pay. Some resorts may have additional fees for internet, parking, etc. You would need to contact the owner or agent directly to see if their resort has any additional charges. If you purchase a membership to contact an owner, then are unable to arrange a transaction, just let us know within 30 days and we will be happy to refund your membership payment.

If you use RedWeek Payments for a secure transaction, there is a credit card processing fee of 3% of the rental price.

For any further questions, please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page. Thanks!

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
May 06, 2019

If I rent my timeshare and have a completed contract several months prior to the actual check in date and the renter backs out before checkin what happens? Do I have any financial guarantee that I will be paid should they cancel?

Thanks

Mickey M.
May 06, 2019

Mickey M.: If you are renting with RedWeek payments, you choose the cancellation terms. You can go to this page for more information: Cancellation

(https://www.redweek.com/resources/faq/redweek-payments#cancellation)

If you have further questions, please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page. Thanks!

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Last edited by phyl21 on May 06, 2019 03:49 PM

May 09, 2019

What is the success rate for a timeshare week to be rented out? Is there a way we can see out of the number of weeks posted for X resort X% were successfully rented out?

Myron H.
May 09, 2019

Myron H.: The success rate for renting will vary widely based on a number of factors including how popular your resort and week is (a summer week in Hawaii vs a winter week in Ohio), how much competition you have, and how you price your week. You can look at the rental history for your resort by going to this page: What is My Timeshare Worth

(https://www.redweek.com/whats-my-timeshare-worth)

For further questions, please use the "Contact Us" link at the very bottom of any page. Thanks!

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.