Point Systems

How do I sell my Certificate of Title?

Feb 21, 2018

I want to sell my Certificate of Title and have no idea what to do or where to start. We have owned it since 2012 and sadly have not traveled anywhere. Total waste of money and don’t want to pay annual membership fees any longer. It is with Global Exchange Vacation Club with an RCI subscribing membership. Help.

Anne Z.

Last edited by annez32 on Feb 21, 2018 01:18 PM

Feb 21, 2018

Some bad news and relatively good news. The bad news is that what you own has little or no resale value (I am thinking the latter). Vacation club memberships, whether they have some "Certificate of Title" attached to them usually have no resale value even if you paid thousands up front for them. In your words, they are a total waste of money. So watch out for scam artists out there who claim they can find a buyer (or renter) for what you have and who will pay you thousands of dollars for it.

The relatively good news is that, since it's just a membership, you can likely terminate it by just not paying any more fees/dues. That will end you having to pay membership fees. Double check your contract to see what happens if you just stop paying fees. Likely it will just simply be termination of your membership without any refund of what you paid into it originally. Just check for small print that says they might (and I emphasize "might") send out collection agencies after you.

Lance C.
Feb 22, 2018

Thank you so much for the response! I had a bad feeling it would likely be his way. Lesson learned the hard way. :(

Ybk Anne S.
Feb 25, 2018

Interesting, I have a certificate of Membership with MROP. Looking at the paperwork I have a Right to Use and a variable unit (floating time red week). I suppose I should check with my lawyer about simply not paying my fees but would be excited just to get out of it. Just tired of wasting time trying to find available inventory.

Pete S.
Feb 26, 2018

You don’t actually OWN anything in such a RTU “membership”. Your "membership" would simply be terminated if you stopped paying (...so what?). I'm not sure what else you would learn from consultation with a lawyer, but that's your prerogative.

petes57 wrote:
Looking at the paperwork I have a Right to Use and a variable unit (floating time red week). I suppose I should check with my lawyer about simply not paying my fees but would be excited just to get out of it.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Feb 26, 2018 05:47 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.