Timeshare Exchanges

Dial an exchange

Feb 24, 2018

Hi,

Does anyone have experience with Dial an Exchange timeshare banking service? In October 2015 I deposited a week during peak summer holiday season. I placed a broad variety of requests with them for a suitable exchange. Six months later I was asked to pay a fee to maintain the "gold advantage" privilege which enabled my requests to stay on file. A further 2 months later, now May 2016, and after having paid the fee, I have still not received any offer of an exchange. It's now coming up to summer holiday season and I am wondering whether I am going to get anything in return for the fees I have paid In addition to the week I banked. I queried the situation with them in April and was reassured that people tend to bank their holidays around this time. Having heard nothing since then, I emailed again a week ago and have not yet received a response. Any advice or comments? Please help. Thanks!

Aaron P.

Last edited by phyl21 on Feb 24, 2018 12:51 PM

Feb 24, 2018

Every exchange company has a "supply vs. demand" situation in regard to its' exchange inventory. Bear in mind that DAE is just about the smallest of all the exchange companies --- truly tiny when compared to RCI and II.

You don't mention what / where you deposited or what / where you are seeking to obtain in exchange. It might very well be that whatever you are looking for has simply not been deposited with DAE. Obviously, DAE cannot offer you what they simply do not have in their exchange inventory.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Mar 04, 2018 07:36 AM

Feb 24, 2018

DAE doesn't get near the amount of inventory that II and RCI gets. If you like places like Williamsburg, Orlando, Vegas, and Branson you will probably find something. I've had mixed results. I ended up accepting a Summer Williamsburg that I thought was a bit of a down trade as nothing else was coming through. On the other hand I found a semi local resort that encourages their owners to check out DAE and have found some great last minute bonus weeks there. DAE does do like for like in size but they don't rely on trading power so they may get more than average off season weeks that owners don't feel they get enough options through rci or II.

Tracey S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.