General Discussion

Is there a certain time of the year when marriott vacation club opens up available inventory

Jun 14, 2018

Im debating on buying MVC points and Im new to the whole timeshare/vc idea. I sat through a mvc seminar and didnt commit to anything so they offered my husband and to take a 4d5n vacation on them and we have to use it within 1 year but when I called the vacation club number to book it, every place had No inventory. How far in advance to you need to book a vacation? It was frustrating to say the lease that now Im rethinking this idea of a vacation club. Our vacation revolves around my sons school calendar. When I was trying to book a week, the travel rep kept saying it was either booked/not available or they haven't opened up inventory on certain locations yet. Is there a certain time of the year that inventory opens up or is it different for each location. Any help would be appreciated before I spend a lot of money.

Kim H.
Jun 22, 2018

This should be your red flag. Do not buy anything until there are guarantees. In timeshare, unless you own a deeded week, there are no guarantees.

The points system does not work and never will. It is always in the best interest of the developer, i.e. Marriott.

Marriotts are expensive. Great resorts, if you can get it.

I have sold timeshare for over 15 years in Mexico, Caribbean, Canada and U.S.

My question, what are you looking for? Why do you want to buy a timeshare? These are questions you should ask yourself.

I share this in my upcoming book, Everything About Timeshare, Before, During and After the Sale.

For more info, visit my website...redweektimesharebook.com Separate from the Redweek organization.

Best of luck!

Wayne C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.